Rotten people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotten people.

Why would anyone do such a cruel thing as to abandon an animal that has become their pet.
    Last night my cats woke me by standing in front of my outside bedroom glass door and growling very loudly.
    When I got up to see what was going on I found a cat wanting to come in. Well I couldn't open the door or some cat would have been hurt. I got them all quieted down and went back to bed but it's hard to sleep when you have a poor lost kitty out there.
    Nothing much I can do for it. It is probably a pregnant female from some kind soul who didn't want to mess with kittens.
    I already have three cats and have to find homes for them before I move to the apartments. They are from a pregnant female that someone dropped off.
    She is a different looking cat with large stripes. Very pretty.

Barb, this is why we have 2 cats. When I first came here there was the ugliest cat you ever wanted to see, well some people might not think so. The only fat thing about her was her stomach which was dragging in the snow. Since Missy wasn't allowed bones I started putting them out for her, Kenny would feel sorry for her and take her out a can of tuna or salmon every so often. She would come up to eat, have a litter of kittens bring them up to eat, never knew what happened to them but the last litter she had she left Gus in the yard one day and never came back for her. Ebil is one of Gus's kittens that someone wanted so I wouldn't give her to anyone else, then the person backed out after it was to late and we had gotten attached to her.

Growing up we were in the country and would have people dump animals all the time. The cats were allowed to stay as long as they stuck close to the barn, the dogs Daddy would take to work with him and someone would usually be willing to take them.

Comment

I don't know why people dump animals. Cats have more of a chance of survival than dogs but they all suffer. It's so sad.

Comment

Very sad and heartless. We have had many strays over the years, all cats. We always try to tame them enough to get them to a local vet and they are spayed or neutered and then brought back and released. We feed them if they stick around but at least we know they aren't procreating anymore. Luckily the vet we take them to discounts this service for us.

Comment

Kellie, that is wonderful...what you do for those poor cats. And how nice of your vet to discount his services to you.

Comment

Kellie, check into Neuter Scooter. If you have feral cats around and can catch them in a live trap, they will spay/neuter them for free. I think they even give them a rabies shot.

Comment

Poor kitty was at the door when I went to go to bed last night. My cats were growling at it but it ran away as soon as it saw me. I can't feed it outside as there are racoons that will get the food.

Comment

What a shame people dump their pets. I've had to board up our pet's door, because strange cats came in (nobody in the neighborhood claimed any of them). The huge yellow cat ate everything left out in the kitchen. The gray striped twin cats climbed and ruined my curtains. Took a while to get them all chased outside (what a circus it was!). Very few people want to raise an army of cats.
                But to have taken in a cat or two, then when they are "inconvenient" dump them off somewhere, is cruel.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I haven't seen her for a couple of days. I don't want my cats fighting. We had to trap a big, old, battle-scarred Tom. He had sent our poor old Pudder cat to the vet three times. HE ALSO CAME THROUGH THE PET DOOR. (Not yelling. darned caps lock)

Comment

Working...
                  X