Very strange..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very strange..........

Since Missy died our indoor/outdoor cat has refused to come inside. I have had to start feeding her on the front porch. She will come to the door and act like she wants in but then after sticking her nose in will turn and walk away. I have even tried sitting her canned food just inside the door so she has to come in to eat it, she will sit and look at the bowl and cry until I sit it out on the porch. Wish I knew what is going on in her little head. I know she misses Missy since they were around each other from the time we took Gus in. In fact it was rather funny when we would take Missy outside, she would try to sneak off if she thought we weren't watching, Gus would make her stay in the yard. One day I had come in to use the bathroom, and Kenny "forgot" that Missy was out and came into do something. When I went back out, Gus was on the steps and every time Missy would try to go down them, Gus blocked her and made her stay on the porch until I got out there.

It's funny how animals react to things like another pet or member of the family dying. Sometimes I wish we could read their minds to know what to do for them. It sounds like Gus was a good kitty sitter.

Comment

Darla.. did Missy die in the house? if so there maybe a lingering odor ...not to the human nose. but to the animal scents ..it took over a year before all the feral and wild animals quit coming to the deck door...Bits scent must have finally died away...
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Aunt Maye, yes in fact she died not to far from the front door, just laid down in front of the fan and was gone.

But then, don't know how much "human" she understands. When Kenny refers to her as "stupid" or tells her she needs to earn her keep, she will go out and catch him a bird or a mouse and try to bring it into him. Kenny asked her the evening Missy died if when she died would he have to get a shovel and put her beside Missy. Maybe she thought he was talking about now.

Comment

Working...
        X