A spider is not an animal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A spider is not an animal

I know but I think one bit me. Ouch. Must have been when I was sleeping because I never felt a think but I do have a red spot on the back of my neck and it's a bit raised and itchy. I am using cortisone 10 on it and it is helping.

Ouch is right. I think we can include spiders in the "critter kingdom". Personally, I like spiders. They kill flies, mosquitoes, etc. I don't think munching on you is a good thing though. Oh yeah, I like snakes too.

Comment

Kelly, how are your 2 cats. Sorry but I don't remember their names right now. I do remember how pretty they were.

I still miss my Boomer boy and he will have been gone 6 years next month.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I shall always miss my Pickles (brown Mackerel Tabby/Maine Coon) and my Teddy Bear (Long Haired Tuxedo Cat).
        I had them both for 16-17 years. Teddy just disappeared one day. I suspect the Vet's pet-sitters overdosed Pickles with a tranq, and she hallucinated til she lost body function control after that, and I had to have her put to sleep.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

That is sad JoGee.

Jostoy, I don't care how many dogs I have in my life, I still terribly miss the ones that have gone on.

Comment

I'm still missing dear old Sam. One of the best boys I've ever had. He used to come to my chair and put his head on my knee so I would scratch under his chin.
            That's the way he found us as Dad was sitting in the motel room with the door open and he put his head on Dad's knee. Poor guy was starved to skin and bones, his eyes were gummy looking, and his collar was way to tight. GD, Kait, gave him 1/2 a sandwich and he loved her ever after.
            No one knew where he came from so we brought him home.

Comment

That is a sweet story. Sam no doubt had a lot of love to give. I'm glad he found your family.

Comment

Im not a great spider lover... but I do keep those little one that live in the corner of my piano lesson room.... they are the ones who roam the ceilings at night and get all the other bugs ..,flies.. mosquitos etc.... they are very neat and tidy and hide when the piano kids are here

but do not like the black ones or any kind bigger than my little guys.. or anywhere near my Kitchen food.. or in the bathroom.. and especially in the bedroom.... those ones get picked off with a kleenex..

keep an eye on that bite Kellie... spider bites can turn out to be a real problem sometimes.... I think that is what our Deborah ( who has not posted for a while ) .had happen to her leg..long time ago..
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I thought a small garden spider bit me, but it turned out to be the start of a painful rash (cellulitis) that put me in the hospital for a few weeks. However, the bacteria they found in the lab sample showed that its the same bacteria that is found in gardens. Go figure.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I hate spiders...This happen one time..The spider jump on me I have the biggiest yell..Some how i got the spider off me..I ran though out the house to find the spider.I grab the thick book..And kill him..After i look at the book..It was the Holy Bible..That spider have been saved..He is in heaven.One dead spider...lol..

Comment

Spiders! Yuckky things. What I've seen of spiders in AZ is mostly the Black Widows. The first house we bought seemed to be build in the middle of a colony of them. Do you know they live in underground burrows, as well as in above-ground webs? They like damp soil. One was trying to take over our garage; apparently I broke its web when I opened the connecting door to do laundry. The spider felt like a ping-pong ball when it fell and bounced off my head. Ewwwww! I had a can of wasp spray handy, having just sprayed a wasp nest to death. That's when I fount it was the quickest thing to kill the black widow spiders! I sprayed all over the garage to prevent any other "tenants" from moving in.
                      I noticed a sloppy web like a black widow's web on the teenage boy's car next door. It needs work and hasn't been driven for months. I'd better warn him about that today when he gets home.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I would scream too...I thought they were poisons..

Comment

Actually, I didn't scream. I wasn't hurt and it didn't have time to bite. That first summer we'd already killed over 40 of the critters. When I dug up the overgrown Aloe, I bet 100 scampered away, from dollar size to baby ones.
                          Did you know black widows are born pure white? After a few days they develop the telltale red hourglass mark. Then they start turning black a day or 2 after that. They had eaten through the wooden paneling on our sun porch to hide between the inside/outside walls. Whoever bought the place pulled up all the trees, bushes, & whatever vegetation was growing there. It's now a dirt yard with a 12 foot chain link fence. It doesn't look welcoming at all anymore.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                          X