Blepharitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis

My eye doctor told me I have Blepharitis, an inflammation of the eyelids. She said she has had it before and she told me what to get to get rid of it. Because I'm a gardener she said I probably got it from the garden soil, like when you get sweat in your eyes and you wipe it with the tail of your tee shirt. It is caused by a bacteria and it has to have some organic material to grow in, like garden soil, potting soil, etc. The OTC stuff she recommends is Ocusoft Plus and it's $21. You get 30 pads to a box and she said to cut them into 4's and I have to wash my eyelids with them morning and night for a month. I bet I won't ever wipe my eyes like that again. I am almost 68 yrs old and I've never heard of it until today.

That was very upsetting to find out, plus it's almost Sx time and I have one more thing to deal with. I'll get through it. I needed to tell you this today while it's fresh on my mind. Be careful if you are out in the garden or messing around with potting soil. The doctor has horses and she thinks she contacted it when she was mucking out the stalls and wiped her sweat out of her eyes with the tail of her Tee.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I am 70 years old and have done yard work more years I can count and have never heard of this. What else you gonna wipe your eyes with that isn't sweaty and dirty? I have watched both my boys do the same thing so will warn them. Holy cow! always something to worry about..LOL!

Comment

Working...
    X