People living on Mars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People living on Mars

They say by the year 2050 people will be living on Mars. Our planet is running out of natural resources and the sea level is rising. We are over harvesting the fish in the oceans and the coral reefs are disappearing. It's all rather bleak, but have heart. They have found ways of cleaning up the garbage in the seas and they even have a way to start coral reefs now.

I am amazed at how science and technology are coming together to develop ways to improve our world and every single day someone comes up with something new to enrich our lives.

I try to recycle, reuse, and repurpose everything that I can. My garden is where I do the most though. I collect the leaves and compost to make soil. I sow seeds to attract the birds, butterflies and beneficial insects, (ladybugs), and I am working on a soil erosion project here in my yard.

I probably won't be alive in the year 2050, but I am pretty sure they will be able to make it sustainable for human existence. I used to say, "They spend too much money on sending rockets into space" when I was young. I have a totally different opinion of space exploration now.

What about you? Do you think you'll be traveling to Mars?
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

With my nervousness about flying I don't think I would be a good candidate for travel to Mars and like you, I doubt that I will be around.

That said, I have been trying to do a better job at recycling. I took a self reliance finance class earlier this year and one of the younger women in the class told how she recycles. Gave me a whole new perspective on it. And that was just her grocery container trash.

I have been relying on the existing bushes and plants in the yard, but I will make a better effort to plant more seeds like you said, Karlinann.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh you are such a sweet person. The birds, bees, and butterflies will love you. They love Lantana, Zinnias, and any bell shaped flower that is red.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I do have trumpet vine and lilacs, but will get lantana and zinnias for sure!

I am not much of an adventurer but have no doubt we will be traveling to other planets. People came west and settled and now they will go up and resettle. It is the human nature...just not mine. Even if we all did our part we cannot save the earth without governmental cooperation..Mars here we come! Thank you ladies for doing your part to save your own little part of the world.

Comment

Working...
    X