Let's Try This... The Christmas Mouse Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Try This... The Christmas Mouse Pattern

Ralph just came up and asked me if I got my mouse pattern "sent off". I told him I needed to put it in the mail to those who wanted it. He then asked ""Can't you just post it?"

Hmmmm... well, let's see if I can. This should print out on a standard sized piece of paper. If you would rather I mail you a copy, please let me know. If you can't read my handwriting (it's pretty neat, but might not show up so well), let me know and I'll type the instructions. Here we go...

(EDITED: In order to print this, you need to double-click it to open it to full size, save it to your computer and then print as you would any .jpg document)

(2nd EDIT)

For karlinann and others who cannot see the words on the pattern, here they are. However, what the pattern doesn't say is use two different Christmas prints, pipe cleaners should be red or green, I used gold craft wire, but black would be just as good....

Cut 2 pieces - one for lining, one for outside.

Place right sides together. Sew around ear (point A to point B), turn right side out and sew nose (point C to D)

Straighten out back opening so that section E aligns with Section F and sew along that seam. Open mouse up and fold ears down.

Features: (apply with glue gun)
    • Use 1/2 pipe cleaner and glue tail from bottom of mouse up back seam and curl end.
    • Make face using 3 pieces of 3-4" craft wire for whiskers, approximately 1/4" pom pom for nose, 1/4" movable eyes. Using 1/8" ribbon, make small bow and glue above face where ears fold over.
    The very bottom of the pattern says: This is 1/2 of pattern. For ease of cutting, you may wish to make full-size pattern.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by jgarcia; 12-25-2016, 07:07 AM.

Ralph,Way to go!!!..That is good idea..

And you did...thank-you..

Comment

• jgarcia
      jgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      Woo-hoo! Were you able to get it without too much problem?

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      "YES"..I sure did...Without any problem..Little dark...And the handwriting..I try to figure it out..But so darn cute..
      thank-you..I will try to make it too..

• jgarcia
      jgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      sassygirl, I typed out the instructions so you don't have to try to read my handwriting If you need help, let me know.

Jgarcia, thank you for posting the pattern. Can you rewrite it or go over the words with a dark pen because I cannot read the writing and I'm sure that is important. That is a very creative idea and craft. I can see myself making some of those next year. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by karlinann; 12-25-2016, 06:34 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• jgarcia
      jgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      I edited the original post to include the instructions. Hope that helps....

Couldn't you cut it on the fold? You know where you say it's half the pattern. That is just so cute. I'm thinking it would be cute made into bunnies for Easter. You could just add the ears and a pom-pom tail. What say you? If I worked or volunteered with children I would def make some, but as it is it's doubtful if I'll get around until next holiday time.

Are you a Graphics Artist? I went to school for that very briefly back in the late 70's and thought it was interesting, but I didn't have a ride to school and it got troublesome.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• jgarcia
      jgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes... you must lay that on the fold in order to have the whole mouse... that is only 1/2 of ONE piece, basically 1/4 of the pattern. But, it takes 2 full pieces to make the completed mouse (2 different Christmas prints). Does that make sense? I'm trying to envision it as a bunny... might be cute.

Alas, I am not a graphic artist. I really wish I had gone to school for it. I was a typesetter and layout artist for print shops and for the Utah State Legislature and later, the Utah State Printing Office and Department of Workforce Services (Job Service -- unemployment and welfare office). I did that for 25+ years, but was never able to hand draw graphics. I do make the graphic "signatures" that people use in emails and such, but it's mostly just arranging graphics I find on the internet.

Yes, I would like to upload a signature graphic, but I don't trust the websites anymore after our computer crashed last year.

Comment

• jgarcia
      jgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a forum on Delphi that I used to offer them on... I lost my creativity and my ummph when my external hard drive crashed a year or so ago. It contained most of the templates and forum theme graphics and codes that I had made. I did have a lot of them backed up, but I just haven't been able to get back into it. Some day I hope to...

Judy

these are so darn cute..

however , me and crafts have never ever been buddies.... I cannot visualize how to do this.... love them.. but since I have no supplies or insight. (hey, I play the piano! ).. I will just admire you gifted folks!.....
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
    X