X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ⁉️ Trivia (May) ⁉️

🌷
    Yesterday's Answer:

The skin is the largest organ in the human body. Your epidermis is the top part of your skin, and your skin is your body's largest and fastest-growing organ. The skin of an average adult has a surface area of over 21 square feet and accounts for 6% to 10% of your body weight, edging out the liver, your body's second-largest organ, which accounts for approximately 2.5% of your body weight. Just a single square inch of skin contains 3 primary layers, 11 miles of blood vessels, 650 sweat glands, 60,000 melanin-maker cells, and over 1,000 nerve endings.

Today's Question:

What is the dot above the letter i and j called?

Octothorp
    Aglet
    Tittle
    Pipe
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Yesterday's Answer:

The small distinguishing mark you see over a lowercase i and a lowercase j is called a tittle – an interesting name that seems like a combination of “tiny” and “little,” and refers to a small point or stroke in writing and printing. Derived from the Latin word titulus, meaning “inscription, heading,” the tittle initially appeared in Latin manuscripts beginning in the 11th century as a way of individualizing the neighboring letters i and j. With the introduction of the Roman-style typeface in the late 1400's, the original large mark was reduced to the small dot we use today.

🌵

Today's Question:

The George Bush International Airport is located in which city?

Dallas
    Austin
    San Antonio
    Houston
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

George Bush Intercontinental Airport, is an international airport located in Houston, Texas. Located about 23 miles north of Downtown Houston, between Interstate 45 and U.S. Highway 59, George Bush Intercontinental Airport has scheduled flights to domestic and international destinations. In April 1997, Houston City Council unanimously voted to rename the airport George Bush Intercontinental Airport/Houston, after George H. W. Bush, the 41st President of the United States.

🌀

Today's Question:

Who did FBI agents shoot outside Chicago's Biograph Theater on July 22, 1934?

Jesse James
      John Dillinger
      Pablo Escobar
      Al Capone
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

John Dillinger was an infamous gangster and bank robber during the Great Depression, and was known as "Public Enemy No. 1." The government demanded federal action, and J. Edgar Hoover used Dillinger and his gang as his campaign platform to launch the FBI. Federal agents moved to arrest Dillinger as he left the Biograph Theater. He pulled a weapon and attempted to flee but was shot four times and killed.

💥

Today's Question:

Which product had the first television commercial in 1941?

Maxwell House Coffee
        Winston Cigarettes
        Kellogg's Corn Flakes
        Bulova Watches
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

The first official, paid television advertisement was broadcast in the United States on July 1, 1941 over New York station WNBT (now WNBC) before a baseball game between the Brooklyn Dodgers and Philadelphia Phillies. Before the game began, TV viewers saw a 10-second advertisement for Bulova clocks and watches. The ad showed a clock and a map of the United States, with a voice-over that says, “America runs on Bulova time.” Bulova paid $9 to run the spot.

☕️

Today's Question:

After Graduating College, Margaret Thatcher Worked on Creating What Major Food Product?

Bland sauce
          Scones
          Fudge
          Soft serve ice cream
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

🍦
            Yesterday's Answer:

Before she was climbing the political ladder, Thatcher (then Margaret Roberts) was an aspiring scientist. She started off at a glue factory then worked for J. Lyons and Company, a food manufacturer. One of her projects included figuring out how to whip extra air into ice cream, which would ultimately make the food much cheaper to produce and serve. The company started selling their Mr. Whippy product out of trucks, the idea caught on, and the team's work ended up being a step along the way to the creation of what we know today as soft serve ice cream.

Thatcher ultimately decided chemistry wasn't for her, but it was through her work as a chemist that she met Denis Thatcher, her future husband, who encouraged her to switch careers and supported her as she studied law. In his wife's time in office, Denis Thatcher was often portrayed as a buffoon, focused only on golf and booze. For his part, Denis was happy to fuel the image, even reportedly introducing himself as "that well-known international alcoholic." But ask those close to him and they will tell you a different story, that of an intelligent man, important confidant, and devoted supporter of England's Prime Minister.

Thatcher died a little over two years ago at age 87 of a stroke.

🍦

Today's Question:

Which of the following words can be categorized as a palindrome?

Yummy
            Bridegroom
            Kayak
            Kleenex
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

kayak

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

A palindrome is a word or sentence that reads the same forward as it does backward. Some examples of palindromic words are mom, dad, redivider, noon, civic, radar, level, rotor, kayak, reviver, racecar, redder, madam, and refer. The word "palindrome" was coined by the English playwright Ben Jonson in the 17th century, and comes from the Greek word palindromos, which means ‘running back again’.
                A palindrome sentence: Go hang a salami
                I'm a lasagna hog.

🌷

Today's Question:

Who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?

Leonardo da Vinci
                Pablo Picasso
                El Greco
                Michelangelo
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Michelangelo

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

Michelangelo was an Italian Renaissance sculptor, painter, architect, poet, and engineer. Michelangelo was considered to be one of the most powerful painters in the Italian high renaissance era. Michelangelo painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, which took approximately four years to complete (1508–-1512). He is considered one of the greatest artists of all time.

⌛️

Today's Question:

Which American said the famous line, "The Eagle has landed"?

Richard Nixon
                    Charles Lindbergh
                    John F. Kennedy
                    Neil Armstrong
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yesterday's Answer:

On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin piloted the Lunar Module “Eagle” and descended to the Moon’s surface. Armstrong announced the landing to Mission Control and the world with the words, "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed." On this mission, Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin spent two and a half hours exploring, while Michael Collins remained in lunar orbit in the Command Module.

😎

Today's Question:

George Costanza was a longtime employee of what sports franchise on Seinfeld?

New York Knicks
                      New York Jets
                      New York Giants
                      New York Yankee
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

HI Jo.... just popped in to see whats going on..... and the above question is the kind that makes me a loser on my phone game TriviaCrack... sports. aggg

but guessing I would pick 3, N.y. Giants????
                        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Hi Maye....... This last question has to do with the Sienfeld show....one I wasn't a fan of. I didn't get this, I know. I don't get sports ones, either.

The answer will be posted tomorrow morning along with the next trivia question.
                          That's the pattern I've been using. 😀

I only post the next day's History story in the evening.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Here it is, Maye!

Yesterday's Answer:

George Louis Costanza is a character in the American television sitcom Seinfeld, played by Jason Alexander. The Yankees were mentioned in name more than 20 times over the show's nine seasons, and Costanza's employment as the team's assistant to the traveling secretary became a major subplot. While working for the Yankees, he frequently encounters a fictionalized version of Yankees owner George Steinbrenner (the voice of Steinbrenner is made by Larry David).

⚾️

Today's Question:

According to Guinness what is the record number of children born by one woman?

(And they tell me my family was large!)
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I thought I seen that once before and it was 69?? .even 39. makes me ache for her!...
                              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                              X