Clear All

• That cornbread recipe

2 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix
    1 cup sour cream
    3 eggs, beaten
    1 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
    1 16oz. Can cream style corn
    Mix all and pour into a greased or Pam'ed 9x13,pan.
    Bake in a 375° oven till done.
    I made it again today for us. Just as moist.
    I also stirred in shredded cheese.

About 35 minutes. I didn't time it, just watched it.

Comment

Paula - that's not cornbread! That's corn casserole! And I LOVE that stuff!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Do you eat it on your plate with a fork or in your hand, like we did?
        I am trying to ignore it this morning, but it is a holiday, right? Need some way to celebrate!

Comment

We eat it on a plate with a fork.
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I make this with these ingredients plus a can of whole kernel corn. Hubby loves it.
            Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

this is my nieces recipe .. similar.

CORN CASSOROLE
              1 (or 2 ) Cans whole corn
              1 can cream style corn
              8 to 10 oz of sour cream
              1 pkg corn muffin mix
              4 eggs
              2 sticks( 1 cup) oleo, melted
              mix all together, 9x13 pan, (sprayed lightly first)
              bake 350 45 min. (check it every 2-3 min after 35 ,don't want it burnt)

Paula this is eaten with a fork/spoon on plate.. it is a side dish...

with two boxes of jiffy mix, your recipe will be more "bready"....I will try it. cause I like corn bread in my hand.
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

We call it corn pudding.... make it most holidays...it is a favorite. Not sure all the ingredients are the same.. got my recipe after tasting the casserole a friend of mine made... has been more than 14 years ago...and have made it most special holidays since then.
                Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

I think the big difference here is Paula's recipe uses 2 boxes of cornbread mix - and most of ours only use one. Thus, hers would be more cornbread-like than casserole/pudding-like.

Comment

I made a navy bean soup with leftover ham in it to go with the rest of the cornbread yesterday. I had to call my mom to come and eat with us. That stuff is dangerously good!
                    I will try your way with one less box next time. How have I never had this?

Comment

I use the recipe on the back of the cornmeal bag, minus the SUGAR. Sweet cornbread freaks/gags me out. Also, I minced fine, some onion, red and greens peppers, saute them and add to the recipe, yummy
                      Hey it is I, noggie, nogs, noggins, aka Beverly

Comment

Maye, Jiffy Mix is a small box mix, about half a recipe. I've never seen it in the larger size box. Is that what you use?

For all my years in the south & southwest, I must still be a Yankee. I first saw it as Corny Cornbread. I had it at a friend's house.
                        The corn pudding I had once, was a pudding, not set up like cornbread at all.
                        And one time I saw it with the diced bell pepper, it also had jalapeņos....which I had to turn down.

So many recipes, so different!!!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

You know what? We have a big temp drop coming this weekend. I think this would go pretty good with the pot of ham & beans I plan to cook in my slow cooker!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Sounds like a good meal plan.
                            I made a soup with our leftover pork roast. I combined a roasted corn chowder and the pork and rice from the crock pot and just seasoned it up a bit. The biscuits I made yesterday went with that a little too well.
                            Back to counting calories....

Comment

Paula I printed this off, will make a half batch, sounds like something I would like. Thanks
                              Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                              X