Banana Bread Brownies Texas Sheet cake Banana style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Bread Brownies Texas Sheet cake Banana style

I used the name the Facebook person (Diana Myers Bromley) used but added Texas sheet cake

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cup sugar
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    2 eggs
    1 3/4 cup mashed, ripe bananas (3-4)
    2 tsp. vanilla
    2 cups all purpose flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    3/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Brown butter frosting:
    1/2 cup butter
    4 cups powdered sugar
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla (I used 2)
    3 Tblsp. milk (I added more to get the consistency I wanted)
    Directions:
    1. Heat oven to 375*F. Grease and flour a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan. I did. (No Pam)
    For the bars, in a large bowl, combine the sugar, sour cream and butter and eggs until creamy. Blend in the bananas and the vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and blend for 1 minute.. Stir in the walnuts.
    2. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (mine took full 25).
    3. Meanwhile, for frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate (?) brown and remove from heat immediately.
    4. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Whisk together until smooth (It should be thicker than a glaze but thnner than a frosting.) Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm cake. ( the frosting will be easier to spread while the cake is warm.)

I love Texas sheet cake recipes and this one went together just as easily as the others.

This sounds good Paula. Have you tried it? Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yes! It is wonderful; just as moist as a regular Texas sheet cake. I took some over to a neighbor and she made it this week for her family that was visiting and they took the recipe, too.
      It calls for walnuts, which is great because they are pretty cheap around here, but I think next time I make it I am going to use toasted pecans.

Comment

Copied it...will give it a try for next family gathering... May even make it for my friend Sandy sooner...
        Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

I am making this for this weekend. I decided if I am the one cooking and baking then I am making what I want!

Comment

How did I miss this recipe originally?....just looked at the date...now I know why...was still doing Farmers Market. LOVE banana recipes...will have to try this soon.

Comment

Goodness, this does look really good. And I still have bananas in the freezer! Thanks so much for this recipe!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo, let me know what you think!

Comment

Yum! Will definitely make this for church one morning. Sounds divine! Thanks, Paula.

Comment

It is so moist! Did I say that already?

Comment

Working...
                    X