Italian No Bake Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian No Bake Cake

Have not made this cake...but am going to try it very soon... for a family gathering I will have in October... with two families who can eat sweets...Will bake something too..as grandson Paul's baby has milk allergies...and is being nursed....so Mom will not eat anything with milk in contents. Makes it tricky to make Pasta with meatballs... guess will have to leave parmesan cheese out of some of the meatballs... won't be the same.

Italian No Bake Cake
    This NO BAKE CAKE is like heaven in your mouth!!! It's just that good!!! And you don't even have to turn on the oven to make it!! Easy and Delicious is always the best!!! Your going to want to share this one!!
    1 Box of Vanilla Wafers
    1 20oz. Can of Crushed Pineapples with Juice
    1/4 cup Lemon Juice
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    1 package of coconut
    1 (8oz) Container Cool Whip
    1 small jar of cherries
    1 cup of pecans (optional)
    Layer the bottom of dish with Vanilla Wafers. Mix in a bowl the lemon juice and condensed milk, then add the pineapples and mix all together. Pour this over the vanilla wafers in the dish. Add another layer of the Vanilla Wafers on top of the pineapple mix. Then top with cool whip, and coconut and cherries. Refrigerate overnight. Serve and Enjoy!
    Note: You can replace coconut with pecans if you'd like.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Oh, that cake sounds like heaven.....except the condensed milk. I don't know what it is, maybe the extra sweet taste, or ?
    People have tried to give me stuff they made with condensed milk, and not tell me. The consensus is: "It's all in her head."
    But I can tell from the first bite, every time. Maybe I'm allergic or something, but it nearly nauseates me. And I don't think there is a substitute for condensed milk. (Boo Hoo)

Can you put the meatballs in different serving bowls? I'd put the sauce in the bowls too, so they don't dry out. Oh, and use bowls of different colors so they don't get confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

How to Quickly Substitute Sweetened Condensed Milk
      How to Make Sweetened Condensed Milk in Three Easy Steps and No Cooking Required

Blender Method
      If you are looking for a quick, easy, sweetened, condensed milk replacement, a few common cooking ingredients can be quickly combined to achieve an acceptable substitute. Combine 1 cup of powdered milk, 1/3 cup of boiling water, 2/3 cups of sugar and 3 tbsp. of butter in a blender. Blend the ingredients on high until the sugar is fully dissolved and completely smooth. The texture of the mixture should be similar to a milkshake when finished, more water may need to be added if you feel as though it is too thick.

Vegan Option

If you are looking for a vegan or dairy-free alternative to sweetened, condensed milk, there is a simple recipe that can be used to create a tasty, dairy-free substitute. Begin by bringing 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil on the stove. Melt 3 tbsp. of vegan margarine in a pot over the stove on low heat. Vegan margarine can be purchased at health food stores and supermarkets. After the margarine has melted, add 2/3 cup white sugar, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract to the butter, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Add 1 cup of powdered soy milk to the mixture and the boiling water, and mix the ingredients well. Once the mixture has reached a thick consistency, it is done and ready to be added to your recipe.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_8416962_sub...#ixzz2jZxoKuUq
      Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Thanks, Schmitty. This may come in handy for me!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X