German Choc Pie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Choc Pie

1 - 10" Pie Crust or 2 - 8" Pie Crusts (adjust baking time for 2 smaller pies)
    1 pkg (4oz) SWEET Baking Choc - broken in pieces
    1/4 C Butter
    1 tsp Vanilla
    1 tsp Almond Ext
    1 can (12 oz) EVAPORATED Milk
    1 1/2 C Sugar
    1 1/2 TBSP Cornstarch
    Pinch of Salt
    4 Egg YOLKS

1 1/2 C Flaked Coconut
    1 1/2 C Chopped Pecans

Preheat oven to 375. In 2 qt pan heat choc & butter over med heat until melted & stirred smooth. Remove from heat & gradually stir in milk.

In small bowl mix sugar, starch, & salt. In another small bowl mix yolks & extracts. Now very slowly add your egg mixture to choc....drizzle & stir at the same time. Now add sugar mixture & stir together. Pour into crust.

In a medium bowl mix together the coconut & pecan then sprinkle over top of pie. Bake for 45-50 minutes until puffed & almost set. Cool completely....about 5 hrs.

****Note....they called for a 9" pie crust & I used a DEEP 9" pan & I couldn't put all the coconut & pecans in because it would make it over flow, so I guess if you truly want or need to use a 9" crust, then I'd suggest cutting your coconut & pecans down to 1 cup each. ALSO...this isn't a cheap pie to make, but it's very rich, so a small piece would be enough, so it'll feed many. VERY very good!

Sounds delightful...for the chocolate lovers in my family.... will make it for a special occasion... Shirley and Matt are both watching diet......don't want to sabotage them .... this could be for a special day. Best part is....grandson Joey is watching his diet too...think he has lost more than 30 pounds... he is 6 foot 1 inch tall...and is looking really good....gives him more confidence.

Have some special fund raising events I am going to bake for.... a couple of these would be nice to make....along with the main dish items will donate... This would be for the friend of Monica who has to have lung transplant... to be scheduled sometimes in October.. Praying for this young woman...in her early 30's who is so very ill... her daughter is very close friend of Hannah's too. She and Hannah do fund raisers selling lemonade at outdoor events here in Sylvania.. first one they had they were able to raise 300.00....not sure how they've done since then. Target donatedf all they needed to make the Lemonade..
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

thanks cookie

Comment

Thanks Cookie! I love German Choc cake but my sweetie doesn't. I don't think he has ever tried it but he doesn't like it.

Comment

i have a sweet tooth..thks you for the recipe...Cookielady

Comment

Working...
          X