Cake Mix and one ingredient cake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cake Mix and one ingredient cake...

this is not really a new recipe....I have done this before with Angel Food Cake and one other ingredient...including pineapple with all the juice... remember once making a chocolate cake mix with coca cola...

My daughter Marianne found it at website she visits...made it for Markus for his birthday with regular orange soda.. He wanted an orange cake with orange icing... She bought a white cake mix....poured 12 ounces of the orange soda over the mix....whipped it with a wire wisk... put it in the oven at 350 degrees for around 35 minutes...checked it with the toothpick.... and then took it out to let it cool. Did not taste this cake...but the next day she made one for us with diet orange crush...and I have to say ... it was delightful.....we still have some left..and it is still delightfully moist.

I bought some Diet Cranberry soda...and we are going to try that next time.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Sounds really good and so many different variations one can make.

Comment

I think the orange soda sounds great! Thanks!

Comment

Wow! Never dreamed you could do this with a cake mix.

Sounds great! Thanks, Mickie

Comment

How did the cranberry soda cake turn out? Have you tried any flavor that didn't work well?

Comment

The cranberry soda was okay too..... not as good as the orange crush cake.... but was still edible. I have used angel food cake mixed with pumpkin puree...one 15 ounce can with 1 cup of water... add little pumpkin pie spices bake in 9 x 13 pan as directed on package. Like this ...and used to bring it to my lady friends when we met for coffee.....miss those days.
            Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Working...
            X