Mashed Potato Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mashed Potato Rolls

(I used the bread machine to mix, but you don't have to. Mine calls for liquid on the bottom then flour, topped off with yeast.)

1 C potatoes, mashed.
    2/3 C butter
    1/3 C sugar
    2 T honey
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 eggs
    1 C water from potatoes
    5 C flour
    2 1/2 tsp yeast

Melt butter in small pan, add potatoes, sugar, honey & salt and Mix & heat until sugar is dissolved.
    Combine beaten eggs with water, then add to the other mixture. (Results should be warm.)
    Pour all into the bread machine. Add flour, and top off with the yeast. Turn on the machine.

Remove from machine when timer goes off, shape into desired rolls, let rise about 15 minutes then bake at 350 for 15 more.

Dough is soft and it makes a lot. I baked less than half (12 rolls) and refrigerated the rest.

These look good Elaine... will try them sometime when children will be here. Mostly I make the pretzel rolls...they are a favorite... make them smaller than the ones we use for sandwich buns. These will be a fun change of taste.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

I should try those. I love potato bread so I'm sure I would like potato rolls.

Comment

I love potato bread.
        In Amarillo they used to sell potato donuts, aka SPUDNUTS, too.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

YUM! Gotta try this one soon.

JoGee - we have a Spudnuts here. They are DIVINE! They are on the other side of town, so I don't get them anymore.
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

making copy of the recipe

my Mother would make "donuts" when we had leftover mashed potatoes (made extra on purpose of course)
            I have that recipe somewhere... after supper was over... sprinkles with powdered sugar... heavier than yeast donuts ,but goooood. anyone want to try them?.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

I have made something similar in the past and they are really good. Safeway used to make potato rolls in their bakery that were pretty good but have not seen them there for ages. Wish I were into cooking again as I would make them as they sound so good.

Comment

Sounds do-able...and l love potato bread. Gotta try it.
                I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                Phillipians 4:13

Comment

Maye, a resounding YES, I'd like to try them! TIA
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Elaine - I made the potato rolls yesterday. They are wonderful! So light and fluffy! I got about 3 dozen out of the recipe. I took a big bagful of them to my friend Andy - he is a bread aficionado. He called me later and raved about how good they were.

I'm saving this recipe! Thanks!
                    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

We were raised on potato rolls: my grandmother here in Red Bluff made them whenever we were here for visits. I make them, too.
                        When we went to Utah to visit the other grandparents we would have Spudnuts! Didn't know there were any shops anywhere left that sold them!

Comment

Working...
                        X