Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So EZ Lemon Meringue Bars

1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookies
    1 C lemon curd (from 11 1/4- to 12-oz jar)
    3 oz cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup marshmallow creme
    6 oz vanilla yogurt
    1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Cool 30 minutes.

Spread lemon curd over cooled crust. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme and yogurt with wooden spoon until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over lemon curd, swirling to look like meringue topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until serving time. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.

Looks delightful.....wonder if one could use Lemon Pie Filling instead.....not sure where to find the Lemon Curd...or what it is like...
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

I have so much lemon juice still in the freezer, I suppose I could make homemade lemon curd to use. And since I don't like REAL meringue, this sounds delightful!

Thanks, Elaine!
      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I still have so much lemon juice in the freezer - I suppose I could make homemade lemon curd to use in this. And since I don't like REAL meringue, this sounds right up my alley.

Thanks, Elaine!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I would imagine you could use any type filling you liked.

What intrigued me was the meringue, since I don't like the real thing, either.

Comment

Just in case:

CLASSIC LEMON CURD

This lemon sauce can be served hot or cold over fresh fruit and cake.

1 egg
            2 egg yolks
            Grated peel of 1/2 lemon
            Juice of 2 lemons (6 tablespoons)
            3/4 cup sugar
            1/4 cup butter or margarine
            Dash of salt
            In a saucepan, lightly beat the egg and yolks; add the remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 5-8 minutes. Serve hot or cold.

— Recipe from Sunkist.

Comment

You can also get Lemon Curd (or Lime Curd) in jars in the pie filling aisle...they even have a Rhubarb filling.
              Because they are in clear jars, not cans, they really are delicious! I pick one up occasionally at our Fry's/Kroger store.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

In my store lemon curd is in the jam aisle!

Comment

I often find that different stores put things on different type of aisles. Then also, when cleaning the store shelves periodically,
                  some things get moved around again. Looking for small boxes of raisins raisins, I found our store had moved them to the cereal aisle...although the larger boxes and bags of raisins were with dried fruits. The dried fruits are usually in the baking aisle, closer to the spices, with the no/low-cal and gluten free items are. The water flavorings were nowhere near the bottled water; they were in the middle of the aisle of soda-pop, which they are not(!); but recently they moved all the powdered drink items in with those flavorings. I guess they had some complaints. Now they have an aisle or two for special health/diet foods, but the gluten free and low/no-cal stuff is still in the baking aisles. I haven't figured out the entire new aisle section.
                  They also installed a new Starbucks counter and a Sushi Bar with Asian sushi chefs by the floral section.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

That sounds good to me. Joy makes lemon curd in the microwave and it's to die for. Will see if I can find her recipe as I know it's easy.
                    Here the lemon curd is with jams, too.
                    Single serving raisins are with the dried fruits and nuts that have their own area at the end of the produce department.

First time I went back east I was confused by some of the differences. The produce lady filled my bag while I was used to doing it myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X