Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Soup

FAST AND EASY CHICKEN SOUP FOR A WINTER DAY

What you need: 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, celery, onion, carrots, bay leaves, olive oil, salt, pepper, 3 cloves of garlic.

In a big pot add 2 TBSP of olive oil and put on medium high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until the chicken is done and has a brown starting. Remove chicken from pot and cut into bite sized pieces and add it back to the pot. Add 6 cups of water and all the chopped vegetables plus the seasoning and bay leaves. I also added 2 more TBSP of olive oil & I used 2 large Bay leaves. Put the lid on it and cook at a simmer for about 2 hours or until the carrots are done. Now it's time to add the noodles, whatever kind you prefer. I used angel hair pasta that I broke into small pieces. Reduce to slow simmer and stir periodically until your noodles are done.

Serve piping hot with crusty bread or a grilled cheese sandwich. Oh, please remove the bay leaves before dishing up the soup.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I love chicken soup, Karlinann. Your recipe is very similar to mine. I have to leave out the garlic.
    i like to add peas and pasta, like mini shells, to mine. ☺️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Sounds so good! And noodles make the kids want to eat it!

Comment

Pasta seems to be a “magic” food, Paula. It works for a lot of adults as well as children.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X