REC: Apple Country Dessert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REC: Apple Country Dessert

Today I'm making this recipe that I got from Schmitty over at Mimi's back in June of 2004. The only difference is that I'm "going Southern" and using peach pie filling and pecans. Thanks, Schmitty!

COUNTRY APPLE DESSERT

1 box yellow cake mix
    1/3 cup butter, softened
    1 egg
    20 oz. can apple pie filling
    1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
    1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 cup sour cream
    1 egg
    1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg, at low speed with electric mixer to form a crumbly dough. Press mixture into bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan. Spread apple pie filling over top. Combine brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pie filling. Combine sour cream, egg and vanilla, pour over top. Bake 40 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.

Note: The sour cream topping should be drizzled over the top not poured...it is not enough to cover...
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Ooo, sounds yummy and good. I take it you will use the peach pie filling instead of apple.

Comment

Wow! I missed this one, but do have similar one from her a few years before.. I too use both apple or peach filling in them .

Comment

Note! I used 2 cans of peach pie filling. It is WONDERFUL!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Thanks for posting this Pat....have not made this one for a long, long time. Trouble with having too many folders with sweet recipes.

Can use most any fruit pie filling...have done the same over the years with all coffeecake recipes using cake mixes and pie fillings....
          Last edited by Schmitty; 12-07-2012, 06:03 AM.
          Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

Pat .. I was wanting a different dessert for Christmas and this just might be it.... sounds delicious.. and I like the idea of using the peaches...
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
            X