Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha bread

That's your recipe, isn't it, Nalani.

I decided to make it this morning, which I have meant to do since this recipe was first posted.
    I discovered I had nowhite flour, so I used wheat and whole grain, plus somewheat germ.
    I thin discovered I was out of sugar, so I used Splenda Blend. I had no coconut either, but I added Craisins instead.
    I had 2 pans of mini breads from it.
    The only thing is that baking 60 minutes was just a bit too long. --- 50 minutes would have been perfect!
    I immediately brushed a honey butter glaze over it, and they are gorgeous with a nice shiney top. I just ate 1 mini loaf by myself...needed no butter or spread! It is so good. I will be doing this again with other fruits in it, I think.
    It is sooooooooooooooo good!

A good basic tea bread that can be tweaked countless ways. I can hardly wait to try it with the white flour, too.
    This would be a beautiful thing for holiday friendship-gift giving!

Many thanks.
    Last edited by JoGee; 09-27-2012, 12:29 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Let me know how it turns out, Jo, when you use the white flour.

Comment

Will do. .
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thought I may have this recipe..can't put my hands on it.....could it be posted again...would like to try it.
        Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

ALOHA BREAD

1 c butter, softened
          2 c sugar
          4 eggs
          1 c mashed ripe bananas
          4 c all-purpose flour
          3/4 tsp salt
          2 tsp baking powder
          1 tsp baking soda
          1 20-oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
          1 c flaked coconut

Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
          Combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients along with crushed pineapple and coconut.
          Bake in two ((9"x5") loaf pans at 350 degrees F. for about 65-70 minutes.

posted by SherryPA at Mimi's Cyber-Kitchen 8/30/10

** Nalani's notes: I got two 8x4 inch loaves and one mini- loaf from this recipe.
          ** joG's notes: I got 2 pans of mini loaves; next time I will check them at 50 minutes.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks Jo....sure I had this one...but may be in the wrong folder.... Will make it this coming week...
            Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Comment

I can't remember making this. Must of been years ago.

Comment

Working...
              X