Pork Sausage

2 lbs. pork loin
    3 tsps.Kosher salt
    2 1/2 tsp. ground sage
    2 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    1/2 Tablsp. Cayenne Pepper
    1 tsp. sugar
    1/4 cup water

Cube pork, add spices, mix thoroughly, leave in refrigerator overnight. Put through fine blade of grinder, add the water and mix until sticky, make into patties, we do 2 oz. patties.

Thanks Elaine, not sure anyone wants to make their own... But it taste so much better...I make the patties which are easier to make if you do it close to the sink with water on your hands keeps them from sticking...make the patties, put wax paper in between and freeze individual then put in freezer bag and easy to have the amount you want.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I need a few more blades so I can make this. I think I would like it, because I like regular sausage...

Comment

OK, I'm the short-cut chef at my house. Wanna hear my shortcuts on this?
        By the way, I did make a half-batch of this, and it's really delicious!!! E said so, too!!!

OK. My shortcuts.
        * I noticed the grocery store had lean ground pork. 1# per package. (I also use this in my meatloaf patties.)
        * I considered using my KA to mix this recipe, but I do like to get my hands into my cooking, too. KA next time.
        * I used an ice cream scoop to get uniform size patties. I have several sizes of scoops. The mixture wasn't all that sticky, so I didn't need to rinse my hands and scoop much. Just twice.

I had to tweak the spices a bit. I halved the salt because I have swelling reactions. E said I could easily cut it to a third of the original amount. Also, I used Lite Salt instead of Kosher salt.

The only pepper I have in the kitchen is "seasoned", which is a mixture of peppers. Still spicy as any pepper.

I also halved the cayenne pepper, but E is extremely sensitive to hot spices, so that may go down to 1/3 the recipe's amount.

In any case, it's a very flavorful sausage. And since "processed meats" are not supposed to be in my diet, this recipe is a boone!!!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Ok, I will try using ground pork.

Comment

Working...
          X