Pumpkin Soup ~ a touch of Nutmeg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumpkin Soup ~ a touch of Nutmeg

Today I cleaned and cut up my pumpkin and cooked it so I could make the Pumpkin Soup. While the pumpkin was cooking I toasted the pumpkin seeds. I added garlic and salt to them and put them on a flat biscuit pan and toasted for 30 minutes at 350º. They turned out perfect. I had enough pumpkin for 2 pots of soup so I froze half.

The soup is easy to prepare. I just added nutmeg, salt, pepper, and a can of evaporated milk. Oh, and a dash of Cayenne. I wanted to use coconut milk, but didn't have any. This soup is really easy if you have a blender to really blend the pumpkin, but I didn't so I strained it and mashed up the pumpkin really well then added it back to the cream base. It needs some tweaking, but it's good. Fresh homemade soup for this cold weekend we're supposed to get. What could be better!

Most soup recipes call for chicken broth or vegetable broth but I don't like using it in recipes. Sometimes I have an aversion to meat or meat products.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I added more salt, butter, and cilantro and it made all the difference.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Oh, I had pumpkin soup at Plymoth Plantation once and it was so good! Thanks for this recipe!

Comment

Working...
      X