Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-cup coffeemakers. ☕️

Do you have a K-cup machine?

Have you had the problem of coffee grounds getting into the system? How do you get rid of those coffee grounds?

We have cleaned the tank. We have run a tanks worth of water through the system. And then some. But we still are getting coffee grounds in the water.

My cup honestly states that "Coffee is Not my cup of Tea", and I insist that if I can smell the grounds, it'll flavor my tea. Ugh! E argues that point, but I don't think his taste buds are up to par any more.
    Anyway, I nuked my water for tea.

Do we have to buy a new coffee pot?
    Maybe I should just get a water kettle for the stove???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

I LOVE my Keurig. 😍 I can make coffee, tea, Cocoa and now even soup! I have had it for almost 3 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have the one with the three cup size settings. If anything ever happened to this one, I definitely would replace it.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

We've had ours for at least 3 years. I hope E can fix it.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I don't understand how any grounds could get in the system beings they are in a little cup that gets punctured but nothing that gets 'sucked' up only poured out...I sometimes get coffee grounds around the outside ledge and have to dig those out...
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I don't understand it either. But it happened. Perhaps a defective cup, or a few of them in the batch?
          Anyway, E kept running water through it several times a day for a few days. That fixed it. I can once again make tea that doesn't have a coffee taste to it.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• jgarcia
            jgarcia commented
            Editing a comment
            We had a Keurig until about a month ago when it died on us... it started leaking. We will most likely replace it because I love the convenience of making a cup at a time when I want one (besides, I have nearly an entire 120 count box of K-cups I got from Costco). However, not sure if I'll buy the actual Keurig or not. I saw a Hamilton Beach coffeemaker that will make a 12-cup pot using regular coffee or you can make just a cup using a K-cup... and it's less expensive than a Keurig.

JoGee, to answer your question about how grounds get into your cup... if you lift up the door to put the cup in, you may notice coffee ground residue around the housing that holds the K-cup. I'm not sure, but I think that may be where the culprits are coming from... steam escaping and washing those grounds down into your coffee. I used to have to flush that area out every now and then... if that's not the problem, I don't have any other suggestions.

You're right, Judy. E flushed that out all day and part of the next. Finally got the grounds and coffee flavor out of the water. He does a regular flush of it every evening now.
          We have a cuisineart version for K-cups. Really do like its features. With just the 2 of us, we don't need a whole carafe.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

JoGee, we don't own a Keurig, but when I worked for the hospital they had one on our unit and sold it for $1 per cup. They are handy to have, but I prefer the brewed Maxwell House or Folgers. DH would not like it. He is a regular cup of joe kind of guy. I did consider buying one a few years ago, but when I saw the face DH made the 1st time he tried a cup I'm kind of glad I didn't go there. LOL! Priceless!
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

This site explains how to clean the grounds out.
              Fixing and preventing grinds in your cup when brewing K-cup coffee with a Keurig is easy with these simple steps.

Comment

• jgarcia
                jgarcia commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks... good information to have.

Make sure you check the model that you buy. Apparently, there is some Keurig's that will not allow you to use other than Keurig K-cup in the machine and you have to go through all kinds of silly stuff to make the machine think that it is a real Keurig K-cup.
              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Kids giving me new one for C. Old one works but won't reset .have to unplug and rd plug for each cup. I buy generic cups. Umm might have anew problem coming
                Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
                X