Tres Leche's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tres Leche's

I just got our store bakery's recipes for these Traditional and Marbled cakes.
    While these are my least favorite cakes (picky me), if anybody is interested in having these tested recipes, I will be glad to post them. Let me know, please.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

A marbled tres leche cake?
    If that is what you have, I would like it.

Comment

MARBLED TRES LECHES CAKE
      ((Features bittersweet Mexican Chocolate))

9 large eggs, separated
      1 cup sugar
      2 Tbsp. Vanilla extract, divided
      2 cups all-purpose flour
      1/2 cup each hot water and
      Unsweetened cocoa powder
      1 can sweetened condensed milk
      1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
      1 cup whole milk
      2 cups heavy cream
      3 Tbsp confectioners sugar
      1 disc (3 oz) Mexican-style chocolate, grated, for garnish

Preheat oven to 350°F . Grease a 9x13" baking pan. In a large bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly stir in sugar and continue beating until peaks start to harden. In a clean bowl, beat egg yolks until fluffy and creamy in color. Stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla and beat for 1 minute. Gently mix together yolk and egg white mixture until uniform. Fold in flour, mix until well combined. In a small bowl, combine hot water with cocoa powder. Pour half the cake batter into another bowl and fold in the cocoa mixture.

Spread the vanilla batter in baking pan. Pour the chocolate batter in a straight line over top. With knife, make a whirling design. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.

Poke holes around the cake with a fork. In a clean bowl, combine milks with 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract. Pour sauce over cake.

Whip heavy cream and confectioners sugar I til mixture peaks. Spread over top wet cake. Garnish with grated chocolate. Refrigerate any leftovers.
      Serves 12

Pew Serving:
      479 Cals
      14 g Protein
      20 g Fat
      63 g total Carbs
      2 g Fiber
      42 g Sugar
      157 g Sodium
      231 mg Cholesterol
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

You can order Mexican chocolate from Amazon.
        The popular version, I think, includes cinnamon and a bit of expresso powder.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

And I have a couple of stores I think will have it.
          I would like to make this for the weekend...I have everything except the Mexican chocolate.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I forgot to say Thanks!

You're welcome, Paula.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Interesting cake, have never heard of Mexican chocolate
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

All I know about it is that Mexican hot chocolate is basically hot chocolate with cinnamon in it.
              I was surprised when I checked Amazon that there are several varieties of Mexican chocolate.

Whereas, "cowboy/cowgirl" brownies is a brownie recipe that has a can of chopped chilies and its juice thrown in. Some people really like it. I didn't try it though. We can't do spicy/hot.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X