4 Egg YOLKS
    1 tsp Vanilla
    1/2 tsp Almond Extract
    1 1/2 C Sugar
    2 1/2 Tbsp Corn Starch
    Dash of Salt

1 C Chopped Pecans
    1 C Shredded Coconut

In pan over low heat melt chips & butter and stir until smooth. Turn off heat. Now stir in the milk. In small bowl mix together the yolks & extracts. In another small mixing bowl stir together the sugar, starch, & salt. Now slowly stir egg mixture into pan of choc. Then the sugar mixture. Pour into shell. In sugar bowl, mix together the coconut & pecans, then sprinkle all over top of pie. Bake at 350 for 45 min or until set.

The original recipe called for a 9" pie shell but that would be over flowing & that's a waste of good ingredients and make a BIG mess over your oven. You could maybe try 2 8" shells. This pie is VERY rich, so a full slice of pie will be too much.

Thanks Donna!

Question: what size can of evaporated milk? They come in 5 oz. and 12 oz.
    Last edited by Pat B; 08-18-2016, 08:58 AM.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      12 oz.....didn't realize they came in 5oz.

I am not a coconut lover but I do enjoy some things made with coconut, expecially German Chocolate Cake, 7 layer cookies, mounds candy bars, etc. I am sure I would love this, but can't take it to any family gatherings or make it here because no one likes chocolate...will always remember making a totally homemade German Chocolate Cake and taking it for a Mother's Day gathering at my husbands Mom's house, everyones disappointment in seeing a cake with coconut has always stayed with me, brought it home and froze it in slices...Oh well, live and learn.. still going to save this recipe, one never knows...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
    X