• Chicken Spaghetti

2 chicken breasts, cooked, chopped or shredded
    1 pkg spaghetti, cooking as you prepare the sauce

Butter
    Chopped onion, celery, bell pepper - cooked in butter until wilted
    Can mushroom soup
    Can chicken broth
    Can stewed tomatoes, whipped up in blender to break up tomatoes

I like to add some heat - maybe 1/4 cup salsa / or even 1/4 cup of canned chopped jalapeno peppers

Cheese. I use Velveeta for the creaminess. Can't tell you how much. Maybe 1 to 1 1/2 cup

When sauce is combined and cooked, taste and season with garlic salt and black pepper.

Add chicken and then begin adding cooked spaghetti until you have incorporated most of the sauce. Should be well combined, but still a little "soupy."
    I like to pull the spaghetti straight from its water, without draining, as this thickens the sauce just a bit and blends together well. I can't tell you how much of the spaghetti I use.
    Maybe all. Maybe not. Depends upon how it's all going together.

Bake in 12 x 9 for about 45 minutes.

Cover with shredded cheddar cheese at the end right before removing from the oven.

If I make this for just the 2 of us, I freeze half before baking and then later thaw and bake as indicated.

Elaine - thanks!!!

I've been telling Chris about this for a while now, but couldn't remember exactly how to make it.

In place of the stewed tomatoes, I could just use a can of Ro-tel tomatoes, right?
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

YES! I think the original recipe called for Ro-tel. And I do use them sometimes.

Comment

Working...
      X