Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

3 Chicken Breast halves (more or less depending on how many people you are wanting to feed)

1 jar Orange Marmalade (1 1/2 C) original recipe called for 1 C
    1 18 oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce (1 1/2 C) original recipe called for 1 C
    3 Tbsp Soy Sauce (original recipe called for 2 Tbsp)

2 Eggs - beaten
    3/4 C Flour
    3/4 C Corn Starch (this is a must...you can do all corn starch if you like)

Cut semi thawed chicken into 1" cubes (approx). Mix flour & starch in med sized bowl (or gallon bag). You can add some Cayenne Pepper to the mixture if you so desire. Prepare a cookie sheet or a couple dinner plates by sprinkling some of the flour mixture on them so that your dipped chicken doesn't still before fried. Dip chicken pieces in egg then into flour mixture. Place single layer on cookie sheet/plate.

In small pan mix together the marmalade, BBQ sauce, & soy sauce. If you so desire, you can add a squeeze of fresh orange juice (not the bottled stuff) or a few drops of orange oil....gives it more of an orange taste. Heat & stir until it's warmed through & mixed together.

In a large skillet, pour in about 1/2" worth of oil. Heat up on Medium then start placing the chicken pieces in a single layer. Have a plate with paper towels on it to absorb any extra grease after they are cooked. Let chicken get a little bit brown before flipping. Remove once both sides are cooked. Once you've cooked all the chicken (this may take 2 rounds of filling the pan), empty the grease out of the skillet. Returned the chicken to the skillet and add desired amount of sauce. Serve with rice & broccoli for a complete meal.

If you have extra sauce, just put it in a container & save to use the next time you want to make this. This recipe is very flexible, so you can make as little or as much chicken or sauce that you want since the proportions are pretty simple for each.

ENJOY!!!! My brother said this was better than any Orange Chicken he's ever had.

I am going to make this when my son and family are here!
    Thanks, cookielady!

Comment

This really sounds very good, cookie. Thanks.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

OMG! I make my BBQ ribs using Sweet Baby Ray's and Orange Marmalade for the sauce.

Thanks, Donna!

Comment

Working...
        X