Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ackkkkkkkkkkkk! I killed my 3rd electric skillet in 45 yrs! Actually, that's probably not a bad track record. I like the Farberware ones, as they last quite a long time. But I couldn't find one. So I got a stainless steel one that resembled it, from Williams Sonoma. It lasted maybe only about 3 or 4 years.

I put the pork chops, seasoned, in the pan. An hour later I checked on it and it was still cold. So I transferred the meat to my fast/slow electric cooking pot. Braised the meat and put one chop on each side. Then I added brown rice down the middle, also half a handful of uncooked macaroni twists (to use it up), a chopped tomato, some yellow bell pepper, some peas, and craisins.
    This is simmering for the rice to cook.

This is not from a recipe, it's the way I cook. Some of this, some of that. I don't know what you call a dinner like this, but when the kids used to ask me, any dinner I cooked up in one pot was always "New England (chicken/beef/pork) Dinner" --- I could get away with that in NJ!

Can you think of a "real" name for this recipe?

Anyway, it smells absolutely wonderful in the house. I can hardly wait til dinner time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
    X