TL Bartle's Meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TL Bartle's Meatloaf

MEATLOAF - tlbartle (Note: TL included chopped onions in his recipe. They don't like me, so I leave out the onions.)

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
    1 medium onion chopped
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    1 egg
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper

Sauce
    8 oz. tomato sauce
    1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1 tsp mustard
    dash of worcestershire sauce

Mix the sauce and pour 1/2 the mixture in with the meat, onions, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and form a loaf. Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 45 minutes, remove and drain the fat. pour other half of sauce over meat loaf and return to oven for 30-45 more minutes. Slice and serve. Great tasting!
    Last edited by ladyebug; 06-01-2016, 12:52 PM.

Thank you Elaine, I love trying different recipes for meatloaf....I remember TLBartles, so many that use to be here and are now gone...I still use Jackie's meatloaf recipe also.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Will be doing this Saturday and sandwiches with the leftover on Sunday.
      Thank you!

Comment

On the keeper list. I made the sauce as listed and added half to the meatloaf mixture and to the other half I added some ketchup to thicken it some for the topping.

Comment

thank-you for this recipe...

i will try it..And this time do not put on "HIGH"..

I burn it..Left on too long...

Comment

printed off.. will try soon!.... will find a recipe one of these days that I like and this sounds like it .... with the onions.
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
            X