May ~ 2016 ~ Meals & Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May ~ 2016 ~ Meals & Menus

For some reason I woke up yesterday with sloppy joes on my mind - so that's what we had last night. And I dragged out my Tater Twister and made homemade curly fries too. Erin was a happy camper.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Pat or anyone else, would you post your recipe for sloppy joes? I like sloppy joes but have never found just the right recipe to make them. Thank you.

Comment

Becky, I like sloppy joe's, although I haven't had one in about 50 years. Unfortunately, I like the sauce in the can and don't have a recipe.

Comment

Thanks ladyebug, I'll try the sauce in the can.

Comment

Becky - here's the recipe I use:

Homemade Sloppy Joes
            1 onion, chopped
            1 green bell pepper, chopped
            2 garlic cloves, minced
            2 Tblsp. olive oil
            1 lb. ground beef
            2 tsp. chili powder
            1 tsp. ground cumin
            1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
            1 tsp. kosher salt
            1 small can tomato paste
            1 Tblsp. brown sugar
            1/4 cup ketchup
            1/2 cup water

Sauté onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil until softened. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat. Add all other ingredients to the ground beef mixture and cook, stirring, over low heat for a few minutes until thickened. Add more water if it gets too thick. Serve in hamburger buns.
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Pat, thank you for posting your recipe. Made these today and will be making it again. The cumin is a new addition to sloppy joes for me but definitely liked it.

Comment

Made kabobs yesterday on the grill, started by soaking my wooden skewers in water, then cutting up gr. pepper, red pepper, onions, pineapple and chicken breast, then put all of this in fridge except the skewers, later in the day I put all the stuff on the skewers, got the grill to 325 and put them on the grill, when almost finished I brushed on a mixture of Lawry's Sweet Asian BBQ marinade & Kraft Asian toasted Sesame lite dressing and continued cooking, turned them over and brushed more of the mixture on, and let it cook for a few more minutes...hubby said to make sure and keep the recipe because he loved it...so did I..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                X