REC: Creamy Chicken Stroganoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REC: Creamy Chicken Stroganoff

Made this for supper yesterday and it was a HUGE hit. Erin, of course, had to pick all the mushrooms out! I served it over egg noodles as that is what I had on hand.

Creamy Chicken Stroganoff

Egg noodles or pasta of your choice
    1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1 (8 oz. pkg.) thinly sliced mushrooms
    2 Tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
    2 Tblsp. unsalted butter
    2 tsp. crushed garlic
    1 Tblsp. salt
    1 Tblsp. ground black pepper
    3 Tblsp. all-purpose flour
    2 cups chicken broth
    2 Tblsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 cup sour cream

Heat 2 Tblsp. extra virgin olive oil in large deep skillet
    Season chicken breast with salt and ground black pepper, sauté until cooked through, drain well, and set aside. Rinse and dry skillet.

In same skillet, over medium heat, add 2 Tblsp. extra virgin olive oil, garlic and unsalted butter, once butter is melted, add mushrooms and onions to pan and cook until tender. Add all-purpose flour and stir until incorporated with mushrooms and onions. Add chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce, raise heat to high and stir continuously until smooth and boiling. As soon as it boils, lower heat back to medium and add cooked chicken. Fold together until incorporated and allow to cook additional 8-10 minutes.
    Turn heat off and fold in sour cream. Serve over cooked egg noodles or pasta of your choice.

The original recipe was here: http://shesgotflavor.com/creamy-chic...over-linguine/
    Last edited by Pat B; 04-30-2016, 11:52 AM.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Yay! I have everything I need for this to make today!
    Thanks so much!

Comment

This sounds really good....think I'll give it a try next week. Won't tell Cork that it's sour cream in it.

Comment

I think I'll put this on our menu for this week as well. It's just so easy and good.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
        X