Dehydrator recipes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dehydrator recipes?

I posted something on Facebook about dehydrators and recipes for jerky. Several responded, but one in particular sent me a PM telling me to call her ASAP. When I called, she was so excited - she said that our local Catholic Social Services is having a huge thrift sale this coming Saturday and she was helping with the sale. She said there is an Oster dehydrator that will offered for only THREE dollars! She said she would set it aside for me and I told her I will be there WAY before the sale begins to pick it up!

Now, with that being said, please post any recipes you have for jerky or dried fruits that I might be able to use. Erin is quite excited about the prospect of making her own beef jerky!
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Beef Jerky (3 lbs.) I have a meat slicer also and set it on 5 to slice my meat...I/8 thick. I use top round/London broil any meat that doesn't have a lot of fat...

1/2 cup Worcestershire
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. seasoned salt
    1 tsp. pepper (fresh ground)
    1 tsp. hot peppers (pepper flakes)
    1 tsp. liquid hickory smoke
    6 drops of tabasco ( I use more, like the heat)
    sometimes I also use brown sugar for a sweet/hot jerky

Slice meat, trim fat, marinate in sauce for at least 2 hrs. I do mine over night.
    Lay on dehydrator racks depends on the heat and fan how long it will take. I have a pretty good one and it usually takes about 3-4 hrs.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

For fruit just slice and use the covers they have for your racks and dehydrate, if you like you can roll them in sugar, cinnamon, whatever flavor you like, and once again timing depends on the dehydrator you have...lots of recipes on the web
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Sharon - thanks! Erin can't wait to make beef jerky - she LOVES it (and I despise it - can't even stand the smell of it!)
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Oh, I love peppered jerky!
          Good for Erin!

Comment

I use this recipe all the time, can add more of anything you like...I make jerky about every two weeks..I love deer jerky also, have tried, turkey, pork and chicken, do not like any of those...

Comment

Picked up the dehydrator on Saturday and have it all cleaned up and ready to go. Now I need to buy the meat!

Comment

Working...
              X