About those two cookies, Elaine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About those two cookies, Elaine...

I found pictures and recipes for strufolli, but could not find any thing, including pictures, for the second one.
    Would you describe it and post your recipe?
    Love vintage family recipes and their story.
    Thanks!

Paula, I will dig out my mother's recipe in the morning, but tonight I found something similar for the Cartellate - although instead of rolling into a circle, my mother cut them with a fluted edged cutter and shaped them more like bowknots. But this photo will give you the idea: We need to get Mickie's input on this. Her mother and mine were both from Calabria.

Last edited by ladyebug; 12-03-2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

My very favorite cookie is this one:

Comment

Those angenetti's look so good! They appear easy-to-make.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Well,, don't really know what to say about this because I've looked up a bunch of recipes on line for Cartellete and they are NOTHING like my mother's recipe because none of them used eggs, and my mother's recipe is all about eggs. So if you make them, you decide.

But here is my mother's recipe:

6 eggs
          6 T melted shortening
          Flour

Beat eggs until foamy. Add shortening. Beat again and add enough flour to make a soft dough. Let rise 1/2 hour covered.
          Roll out as thin as possible. Cut. Shape. Fry.

Honey Mixture
          1 C honey, 1/2 C water, 1/2 C sugar

Bring mixture to boil and boil 5 minutes. Dip fried cookies into mixture and pile up on platter.

Comment

I'm all about the eggs, too. I love the taste in baked goods.
            Thank you, Elaine! Are you making any soon? If you have any tips after making...

Comment

Working...
            X