Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your raisin filled cookie recipe, Donna?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your raisin filled cookie recipe, Donna?

i would like love to see your recipe!
    I know you told me you do something different with yours.
    Thanks!

Sounds like a very good recipe. Please post it, cookie?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Grandma Buckham's Filled Cookies

1 C Crisco
      2 C Sugar
      2 Eggs
      1 tsp Vanilla
      1 C Sour Cream

5 C Flour
      2 tsp Bkg Powder
      1 tsp Bkg Soda
      1/2 tsp Salt

Desired Jam or Filling (I like my homemade Raisin filling, bought Apricot and Red Raspberry fillings)

Cream Crisco & sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, & sour cream. Mix well. Add dry ingredients. Chill overnight. On a well floured surface, roll out dough ..semi thick. Cut with 2" round cookie cutter. Place circles on cookie tray (I use PC stones), top each round with a small mound of desired filling. Cut out circles for each bottom & if possible, cut a hole in the center of each. (I used the bottom of a bottle funnel). Top each cookies, crimp edges, then brush each with beaten egg white & sprinkle with sugar. (the egg white & sugaring is optional). Bake at 400 for 10-13 min until golden brown. Cool for about a minutes then removed for tray. Makes approx 3 1/2 doz. When freezing...stack bottoms to bottoms.

Raisin Filling: (no true recipe...just toss together & cook)

1 C Raisins (or however many you want...remember, they swell)

1 C Sugar
      1/4 C Corn Starch
      A Dash of Salt

In small pan place raisins then add enough water so that it's about 1" above. Simmer until raisins swell. In small bowl mix sugar & starch. Stir into raisins and add salt. Simmer & stir until mixture is thick & clear. Cool a bit before using for cookies.

Comment

Thanks, Cookie. Gotta find time to try these. Sounds so good!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Thank you! I need someone to share these with, although, I bet they would freeze.

Comment

They freeze just fine. You just have to freeze them bottom to bottom and when thawing, take them out of the bag & lay them flat to thaw & kind of "dry out". Your daycare kids would live them!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X