November ~ Meals & Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November ~ Meals & Menus

Last edited by ladyebug; 11-01-2015, 06:58 AM.

The fruits of fall....lovely! Thanks, Elaine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It is beautiful, Elaine!

Comment

Monday evening I made fried pork chops, rice & gravy, steamed Brussels sprouts, and garlic bread. Had enough leftovers for lunch Tuesday!
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Yum! A true southern dish, huh? I never thought of putting gravy on rice. But, yeah...why not. That will be in my near future, for sure.
          Sometimes I like to put chopped chicken (or turkey) livers in the rice, and gravy would be a great addition to that!

Tonight it's kielbasa and sauerkraut with flat noodles for us.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I searched the fridge yesterday, and I had everything I needed for Pat's Hamburger Soup. Except hamburger. But I did have ground turkey and went with that. Plus I added some frozen spinach to it. Geez, it was so good we had it for both lunch and supper.
            I cooked the macaroni separately, because it changes texture in soups. So I put some on the bottom of the individual bowls and spoon the soup over it.

Thanks, Pat!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I bought a small chuck roast and some beef bones. Didn't have enough beef in the freezer to make beef and barley soup, one of my winter favorites. Using my crock pot to make it as it's a big batch so I can freeze some for later.

I agree about the macaroni in soups. It does get softer and doesn't have a good mouth feel.

Comment

Tonight I made bacon-wrapped chicken thighs, broccoli florets, and "potato droplings" (my recipe).
                I mixed a cup of leftover mashed potatoes, an egg, and 6 crushed saltines. I made 6 "droplings", a heaping tablespoon full each, in the spray oil on the other side of the skillet---only browned on 1 side and the cooking "set" the potatoes in the covered pan. The chicken made "juices" that spread around the pan, giving the droplings even more flavor.
                E was in heaven tonight with his dinner. I love doing 1-pan dinners, and I personally thought it was really yummy. I don't eat bacon, so I removed it from my dish and left it in the pan for another use in the future.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Chicken Picatta, rice and salad were dinner last night. Picatta could have used a dab more lemon but I had enough capers in it to balance the flavors.

Comment

Last night I didn't feel like putting effort into cooking, after shopping. So I bought long, skinless hot dogs and a tub of potato salad, and used up the old salad veggies in an extra salad. The hot dogs sizzled nicely as I put things away, so when I was done so we're they. It was satisfying. No bread or buns with it.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yesterday we ha frozen lemon pepper fish dinner --- my fave! To make it a bit different I spread orange marmalade on the fillets. Great idea!

In my skillet dinner today, I browned pork chops with onion, topped it with applesauce and sauerkraut. It's been slowly simmering in a vegetable broth. Oh, boy, does the house smell good!
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I wish our stores carried lemon marmalade, but they don't. I had some in Florida and love it.
                        So my DD who used to live there sent me a big jar of it. She must have opened it and tasted it, because when I opened it, it had black mold on top. Yuck! Had to trash it. 😟 Haven't seen any since.
                        I also had lemon honey once, but haven't see it around since then.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yay --- it's turkey leftover time!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                          X