September ~ Meals & Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September ~ Meals & Menus

Last edited by ladyebug; 09-01-2015, 05:41 AM.

We have been "grazing" all weekend. Ended up neither of us wanted supper last night. Today we will get back on track. With E feeling sick, it's probably going to be soup & salad today.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I made meatball sandwiches! I always talk about it, but because Becky had a favorite deli at school, I never wanted to try, I guess.
      Just did it yesterday and she couldn't stop saying thank you and how good it was!
      Country pork ribs and applesauce on today's menu.

Comment

Because of E's bad cold and my stomach distress all week, it's been mostly soups with veggies all week.
        Last night I thought was good enough for junk food, so had him order pizza. I'd bought some lactaid a couple days ago, and am happy to say it worked! (I'm not supposed to have any cow dairy.) But looking through recipes, I'd bet 2/3 or more call for some cheese or other dairy foods.
        Hope to plan a nice, light dinner tonight with chicken.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I threw together a meatloaf and made mashed taters & corn (with garlic bread) for supper. So glad I did - Chris was starving when he arrived home.

Today will be pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. Maybe potato salad or macaroni salad to go with. Oh, and BROWNIES!
          The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I think we will continue having soups and small sides, for another week, the way things are going around here. 😖
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Last night I browned some chicken thighs in onion, added a tablespoon of uncooked barley, and poured a can of baked beans and 1 cup of water over all. Let it cook for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Yum! It turned out very good. Served with mashed potatoes.
              Tonight I'll add a can of unsalted white beans to the sauce and we will polish it off.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yesterday I made a pot roast with the taters & carrots in the pot. It was fork tender and so good! Also had steamed Brussels sprouts and garlic bread.

Tonight will be buffalo wings.
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                X