Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffin Mix Blueberry Streusel Cookies

found on Pinterest
    1 box blueberry muffin mix (Krusteaz was quoted, but I used two small pouches)
    3/4 cup old fashioned oats
    2/3 + 2T canola or veg. oil
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 egg, beaten
    2Tblsp. milk

For lemon glaze
    1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
    2 Tblsp. melted butter
    1/2 tsp. lemon peel (zest)
    2 tsp. lemon juice
    1-2 Tblsp. Milk

1. Preheat oven to 375*F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Set aside.
    2. In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix- just the dry mix, oats, oil, brown sugar, egg and milk and stir together until a soft dough just barely comes together. Drain and rinse the canned blueberries, gently fold into the dough to combine. (I didn't have this step in the Martha Washington pouches.)
    3. Portion rounded, heaping Tablespoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for approx. 8-10 minutes,mortaring pans halfway through baking time to ensure even cooking. Cool on the sheets completely.
    4. Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine all the glaze ingredients except for the milk together in a bowl. Use milk only if needed to make the glaze smooth and pourable. Glaze the top of the cookies and let set, about 10 minutes.

This recipe is by Hayley Parker, The Domestic Rebel

How were they?
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

So Good! I am buying another box or two to make them again! and thnking of doin them with an orange cranberry mix and doing an orange glaze.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, sounds good and looks easy
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

OMG! I have a Krusteaz mix - cranberry something. Think I'll give that a try.

Awesome, Paula!

Comment

Krusteaz is one of Chris's clients. I have a coupon for a free muffin mix from them. I think the cranberry orange combination sounds wonderful!
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
            X