Peaches and Cream Pie Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peaches and Cream Pie Bars

Paula - I beat you to it. I have the peach pie filling on my grocery list for today!

PEACHES AND CREAM PIE BARS

1 cup butter, softened
    2 cups sugar
    4 eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 tsp. salt
    1 (21 oz.) can peach pie filling

Cheesecake Center:
    8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 egg

Glaze:
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp. almond extract
    1 cup powdered sugar
    2 Tblsp. milk

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Beat in vanilla.
    In a separate bowl combine flour and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
    In a medium sized bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the egg and beat until combined.
    Grease a 15x10x1 pan or 9×13, whichever one you decide to use. (I used a 9x13 but cooking time will be longer) Spread 3 cups batter in the bottom. Spread the cream cheese layer on top and then top with pie filling. Drop remaining batter on top of pie filling.
    Bake at 350° F. for 25-30 (If using a 9x13 increase time to 35) minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Cool on wire rack. Combine powdered sugar and milk for the glaze and drizzle over the bars.
    I like to let the bars cool completely and refrigerate them for 3 hours for easier cutting.

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

OH, that sounds so good, Pat. I might have all the ingredients at home, and will have to try it when we get home.
    Thanks for sharing it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

We made it in a 9x13 and did not wait 3 hours to eat!
      Thanks, Pat! I am checking out of town stores for the peach pie filling, but if not I will make my own the way you said.

Comment

Looks and sounds delicious...since I love cherry I might do this with cherry pie filling..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
        X