May ~ Meals & Menus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May ~ Meals & Menus

Last edited by ladyebug; 05-02-2015, 06:59 AM.

Oh good. I've got to get back on the salad wagon!
    Found a new dressing, Apple Cider Vinegrette (Ken's). Great for slaw or pasta salads. But I think I'd like it on regular salads.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I sure wish I could share these cookies with you!!!!
      Today I got around to baking my oatmeal banana cookies (following recipe on the box but adding 2 overripe bananas). But I never stop there. I added about 1/2 cup crushed up raisin bran with cranberry. Also a snack size box of raisins. I used heaping cups of the oatmeal. In addition to the vanilla, I added equal amounts of orange and butter pecan flavors. Then there was about a cup of Geradelli chocolate chips in the pantry, so in it went. The final product was perfect; crispy outside and chewy inside.
      Oh, the burst of flavors when you bite into them!

I've baked oatmeal cookies since elementary school. They are a forgiving cookie. And fun to add stuff to. I've put much more into them for my kids, and when it was their day to bring snacks to class, the babysitter and her neighbor ate a share of them. (Good thing I made extra.). She finally asked for the recipe in exact amounts...I told her about adding this and that, and she and her friend decided "you can't bake cookies that way!" Well, I do, and it does work if you keep the moisture level consistent; and sorry to say I had to find another sitter because the class got shortchanged on the treats!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I love salads but unfortunately with Crohns can eat them sparingly, and use romaine lettuce...at times I can eat a small amount of others, but they do not bode well in my gut...same with fresh fruit and veggies, love them, they just don't love me back...Looking forward to more days of cooking out on the grill..today will be kabobs, with chicken, mushroom, and red onions with probably a teriyaki marinade. A small amount of brown rice.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Tonight it will be steak on the grill, baked potato, also on the grill and small salad...
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

We grilled burgers & brats yesterday evening. Chris made homemade guacamole. It was heaven!
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Last nights menu was baked pork chops, AuGratin potatoes and peas...

Comment

Had Mexican food at Don Pablo's yesterday, this evening was barbecued pork steak, taters and broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with cheese sauce.

Comment

For Cinquo de Mayo we had steak fajitas. Yesterday it was grilled salmon. I want to make a chicken taco salad if I have all the ingredients...

Comment

Oh my I made liver and onions last night for supper, I was in heaven. Hubby doesn't like it so when he goes on his fishing trip each year I make it for ME!! And it was delicious...

Comment

We liked the Bang Bang chicken recipe so much, I made it again Tuesday evening. We had the leftovers last night again.

I have a beautiful London broil marinating in some Zesty Italian dressing - plan on throwing it on the grill and making some baked potatoes and salad to go with tonight. Also garlic bread. I baked a homemade German Chocolate Cake yesterday, so we have that for dessert.
                      The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                      X