7-Up cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-Up cake

Pat, the cake is in the oven. My hands smell so good, even after washing: lemon and lime zest!
    It is the Best Tadting cake batter Ever! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Will let you all know and I will post thevrevipe Pat sent me on Pinterest.
    You know I meant "tasting", right?

It's a standby recipe my Mom used to make except she never added any zest to it.

7­Up Pound Cake

1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
    3 cups white sugar
    5 eggs
    2 Tblsp. lemon juice
    2 Tblsp. lime juice
    2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 cup 7­-Up Soda
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    Zest of one lime
    Zest of one lemon

GLAZE:
    2 cups powdered sugar
    1 Tblsp. lime juice
    2 Tblsp. 7­Up soda

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Liberally (and I mean it!) grease and flour a Bundt pan WELL.
    In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs in, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon and lime juice, lemon and lime zests, and vanilla extract to combine. Then, alternating with 7­-Up and flour, add each gradually until a thick and smooth batter comes together.
    Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for approx. 60-­70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean. Leave in pan for about 20 minutes before carefully inverting to a wire rack to cool completely.
    To make glaze, in a medium bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Drizzle on top of the cake and allow glaze to set before cutting into slices.

Link to the recipe: http://thedomesticrebel.com/2015/04/15/7-up-pound-cake/

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Working...
      X