Fruit salad survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit salad survey

I grew up with one fruit salad that was made for major holidays.
    Drained fruit cocktail, cut up bananas, and whipped cream.

Now, I make non creamy salad, some with a pudding base and lots of different creamy ones I see on shows and Pinterest.
    What kind do you make?

My original recipe called for 2 fruit cocktail, pineapple chunks (both drained of the juice), banana, diced apple, 6 oz jar of maraschino cherries (drained, pecans and coconut (which I don't use), and Cool Whip.

Then I received the variation: do not drain fruit (except maraschino cherries). I halve the cherries so they go further - drain them halved or your salad turns pink. Add large box any pudding mix except chocolate, and eliminate the Cool Whip.
    Add mini marshmallows, halved grapes, sliced kiwi fruit, diced mango, etc., as well.

I usually add enough extra fruits, I mix in some Cool Whip as well
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

The pudding version with lemon pudding is our favorite!

Comment

For some reason, I use vanilla.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

My all time favorite although I haven't made it for a long time is Apples, banana, and pineapple with a dressing made of a lemon curd mixed with whipped cream. Than it's garnished with pomegranate seeds. Very pretty and very tasty.

Comment

I do so many varities, but I guess my 2 goto's are a simple syrup infused with lime OR poppy seed dressing infused with strawberry. Yum!

Comment

Have not made fruit salad for a long time.........Used to make a healthier one for me...but have lost interest in it now....base was cottage cheese with various canned drained fruit mixed in sprinkled with the powdred jello......got the idea from my friend Sandy. Don't make it anymore....would rather just have plain fruit...especially like cut up watermelon or cantaloupe now that it is available..during off seasons Kroger sells cut up fruit in plastic containers and I buy those....but only watermelon and/or cantaloupe. Kroger has cantaloupe on sale today for 1.00 per....will stop and buy a few......let them sit for a day or two in a bag in my washer and dryer area.....cut them up and have it available for Hannah and her Mom when they come over....as well as son Matt and wife Shirley. Will save Mike and Leisa whole ones to take home with them.

Growing up.....my Mom always had fresh fruit for dessert at the end of our meals. Cantaloupe and Honeydew during their season. Sometimes watermelon...but not as often.
              Last edited by Schmitty23; 04-15-2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

My favorite from Weight Watchers WW Caramel Apple Salad
                1 tub thawed Cool Whip, Free
                small box Jello Sugar Free Butterscotch Pudding mix
                small can of crushed pineapple in juice
                4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped

Mix sugar free butterscotch pudding and Cool Whip Free together. Drain pineapple and add to pudding mix, blend in apples and chill.

Serving Size: makes 8 1-cup servings

Number of Servings: 8

Servings Per Recipe: 8
                Amount Per Serving
                Calories: 74.7
                Total Fat: 0.5 g
                Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
                Sodium: 6.5 mg
                Total Carbs: 19.0 g
                Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
                Protein: 0.1 g
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Schmitty, I haven't made that one for a long time. Your post reminded me and think I will have to do it soon.
                  Boffler, That sounds like a great one for a pot luck. I haven't ever had it. Love taking something new.

Comment

Copied the recipe you posted too Boffler....can't wait to make it when family is here as well as just for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X