Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meals & Menus ~ January 2015

Let's Get The Year Started Right!

Great pic, Ladyebug. A reminder to eat healthier!

I made the best chicken yesterday. The 2 lg chicken breasts and 4 large chicken tenders hadn't quite thawed.
    I hot out my electric pot and chopped 1/2 large sweet onion and tossed it in the oil-sprayed pot. When they were soft but not caramelized I put the chicken on top, seasoned simply with salt and pepper, and poured a can of Progresso mushroom soup thinned with 1/2 can of water, and left it all to simmer slowly all afternoon.
    It was so good with mashed potatoes and Italian cut green beans with carrot slices!

I think tonight we will finish up the last of the turkey and gravy over pasta, with a side salad.
    Last edited by JoGee; 01-13-2015, 08:02 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I saw this on facebook..And it looked real good..And easy to make..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Here is another one too..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Not really as hungry in the evening. I made a baked potato with all the fixin's, sour cream, chives, real bacon bits, and grated cheese. Could have used a bit more cheese but I didn't want to get up and grate some more.

Comment

Yesterday was simple - chili cheese dogs and fries. Today I will make Italian Beef for sandwiches in the crockpot.
            The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Sounds good, Pat. I'd like to eat at your house!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

We finally had the Italian Beef sandwiches last night. They were a HUGE hit. Erin said "Mom, can we please have these more often?"
                The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

I made it with pork loin yesterday. E loved it. But he asked me to put BBQ sauce in them. So I did for next time. I also put part of it aside with some crushed pineapple to add Catalina sauce to it, for a sweet-sour change.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

It was decided yesterday evening that I should make spaghetti. So that's what I did.

Comment

I am makng a meatloaf recipe a friend posted on FB. It uses stuffing mix and dry onion soup mix ( I know, tons of sodium) but the picture just looked good to me.
                      Broccoli and mixed green salad will hopefully, make up the difference!

Comment

Working...
                      X