Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April ~ Meals & Menus

X
    Last edited by ladyebug; 04-01-2015, 07:42 AM.

How about April menus? I know we all want warm weather...but let's not rush it..ha ha
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

LOL If you only knew that it took me 2 days and countless hours to get a photo to post from Photobucket, it's no wonder I'm wacky.

Comment

Just had to tease you a little bit...my dinner plans for my April Fool's Day will be kabobs, going to be a nice day out and I have been craving kabobs, bought what I needed yesterday...will have over rice.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

When my kids were still young and at home, it would be a day for wacky food. Everything would be the wrong color. Mashed potatoes would be green or blue. I put blue food color in hamburgers (actually meat loaf patties) once, and they looked quite purple when you bit into one. It was fun, and they participated with their own ideas.
          One day I packed their lunches with PB and marshmallow fluff and chocolate chip sandwiches, and stuck rubbery plastic roaches partway in the sides of the sandwiches. They were the envy of the lunchroom!
          Naturally, E can live quite happily without our tomfoolery, so there's nothing much "different" in our foods here.
          No green eggs and ham. No odd-color filling in deviled eggs. ("It's just not Right!!!", says E.) But I'm thinking about it.....bright red deviled egg filling, with little eyeballs on them! 😈
          Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Dinner didn't go as planned. Had to pick up prescriptions, and return one. The one that had all the hassle to get the right one, not so long ago. E decided that while we were out, it's a good time to check out a new italian restaurant down the road. So we did. But it turned out to be late enough, it was supper for us. We brought half our food home, so we'll have it tomorrow. Without dairy, italian food isn't quite the same. But I have to get used to that. *sigh*
            You can extend April Fools Day, you know. Play your trick after the date, and you say "April Fools is past, and you're the biggest fool at last!" That's what our classmates did, anyway. My brother & I used to use that, too. 😈
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This is what we had for supper tonight and it was delicious!!! I love the recipes in the Bill Phillips Eating for Life book. You can lose weight if you read and follow his directions, I did it before..
              An online magazine for today's home cook, reporting from the front lines of dinner.

Comment

Nice site, Boffler. I bookmarked it. Thanks.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I agree with Jo. I found a recipe for Shrimp Alfredo Pasta with vegetables that looks really good.

Comment

Today I made a small-shell pasta salad with a bowlful of veggies in it, and used an apple cider vinrgrette in it.
                    We will have hot pulled pork on the side (not sandwiches, just the pork).. Simple dinner.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I made the recipe for Bill Phillips Beef Barley Soup and hubby and I both love it!! Made enough to freeze a few individual containers...a keeper...

Comment

Working...
                      X