REC: Eggnog Rum Bundt Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REC: Eggnog Rum Bundt Cake

Made this yesterday - I added 1 tsp. ground nutmeg to the cake. I used Meyer's Dark Rum. It turned out YUMMY!

EGGNOG RUM BUNDT CAKE

1 box yellow cake mix
    1 small pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
    4 eggs, room temperature
    3/4 cup eggnog
    3 Tblsp. dark rum or 2 tsp. rum extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour Bundt pan. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat on medium for 5 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan for 18-20 minutes turn out of pan and dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with rum glaze. Let cool completely.

RUM GLAZE:
    5 Tblsp. butter, cut into chunks
    1/3 cup dark rum
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla

Place butter, rum, sugar in a saucepan on low until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and drizzle over cake. Let cake cool completely.

Link to original recipe: Eggnog Rum Bundt Cake
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

LOVE eggnog and love this recipe. Thanks, Pat!

Comment

I love eggnog, too! Thanks!

Comment

This looks easy even for me! I am going to try and make this for the office! Have to get the rum and eggnog first. Thanks, Pat!!!
        "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

I just forwarded this recipe to Patty and the two GDs. It sounds so good and if I had a real oven I'd try to make it myself. Would have to buy most of the ingredients as I don't have them on hand.

Comment

Looks good....we never have alcohol type desserts in my family..... but have made Rum cakes for Marianne's friend Don.....will save this for the next one I make for him...

Comment

Made this today. Used Kahlua instead of rum. Yummy! Thanks, Pat!

Comment

Working...
              X