REC: Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REC: Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

One of our winter guests came in the office yesterday and asked for some copies to be made. She said she had made these cookies for their ladies' bunco game last week and everyone wanted the recipe. I asked if she minded if I made myself a copy and she smiled and said, "by all means, please do". Can't wait to try them!
    Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 cup butter, softened
    1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1-1/4 cups quick oats
    3/4 cup shredded coconut
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Cream egg, butter, and both sugars. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.

Drop onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake 12-15 minutes.
    The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Sounds good to me. I have added coconut to my regular oatmeal cookies. I have used the one that was on the back of the Quaker Oats box years ago. Still prefer it to the one the have now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

Sounds wonderful! Must try these soon. Thanks, Pat!!

Comment

Made these last night - if you decide to make them be aware that they turn out like "lace" cookies - they spread EVERYWHERE and are very thin. They are NOT pretty, but they taste good.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Working...
        X