San Marzano Tomato Sauce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Marzano Tomato Sauce

Here it is folks. I got this recipe from a Nicholas Sparks book that I read this past weekend.

2 cans San Marzano Tomatoes
    2 onions, peeled and cut in half
    1 stick of butter

Peel the onions and split in half only. Add the 2 cans of SM Tomatoes to a pot and place over medium heat. Add the butter and onions. Stir until the butter melts and everything is combined. Turn the heat down low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Serve over cooked Linguine pasta.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I haven't seen that brand of tomatoes here. Are these pre-seasoned or plain? Whole, chopped, or diced?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

JoGee, I was not able to find them in my grocery either. They are Italian tomatoes and are supposed to be the sweetest. I am going to just use my stores whole tomatoes and it probably won't be as good, but what the hey. I'll throw in some sugar to offset the taste.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

San Marzano are generally the ones used for canned tomatoes in Italy. If it says Product of Italy on it, it'll be them!
        Handy tip: don't whizz in a blender, always crush by hand, as the seeds can be bitter when cut open.

Comment

We have these in our local grocers but they are frightfully expensive. I remember seeing fields of them in Italy near Naples.
          We did grow them in the garden one year but I didn't notice much difference. Maybe the need volcanic soil to be their best.

Comment

Sounds yummy
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
            X