Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January ~ a Good Month to curl up with a Book!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January ~ a Good Month to curl up with a Book!

The new year is here and there are lots of books waiting to be read!

Killer Wedding by Jerrilyn Farmer - cute book; it got better as it went along.

My newest fav author is Andrew Gross. His books are gripping, mystery, can't put the book down page turners. You will not believe the twists and turns until the spellbinding end.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I have not heard of Andrew Gross. Will have to check on his books.

Just finished another of the Mud Bug series by Jana DeLeon, Showdown in Mud Bug. Cute book.

Comment

Resurrection in Mud Bug. Another cute book.

Comment

Carlene Thompson - Nowhere to Hide A fast paced book, good plot and characters. A wee bit gruesome in spots but not overly descriptive nor do those bits go on and on.

Comment

Quilt or Innocence by Elizabeth Craig. Started out slow but then it picked up and was quite enjoyable.

Comment

I will have to check those out. Thanks.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Brendan DuBois - Fatal Harbor - Good plot but kind of dragged at times.

Comment

Angela Pepper - Death of a Dapper Snoman
                  Kathy Cranston - Baking is Murder

Two cute books, both are quick, relaxing reads.

Comment

For those who enjoyed Anita Shreve's The Pilot's Wife be sure to check out Resistance. It's so good.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it to my books to watch for list!

Comment

you wonderful ladies... scribble all these authors and book off and will hunt for them..

I am reading some Andrew Greeley books.... he has a series with Irish gal ..Mr Greeley is a Priest. and his stories all concern Church. and you get a semi history lesson about the Irish people .. his other series has a "the little priest".. Blackie ... again , always a dead body . and mystery to solve.. but Mr. Greeley is a good writer..

I too have been reading the DeLeon books... I can actually get them loaded onto my Kindle..

will go find the Anita Sheves book... I did like the Pilots wife..

Thanks.. when the dark and cold of winter feels "heavy".. and I feel like I want to hide..I grab a book and get absorbed... thanks for taking care of library !..

have to add a PS.... I went to computer ..found the Anita Shreves book. It was available as ebook .. I borrow.. to computer. and the slid it over onto the Kindle Fire......yes!... that was not the Proper way to load books to Kindle.. but it works... until I learn to do it right ...thanks Karlinann
                        Last edited by Mayebarnes; 01-30-2017, 10:34 PM.
                        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

mAYEBARNES I'm happy that you're happy. Reading is so wonderful isn't it? You can escape for hours into another world and it's free!

Comment

Just finished Chaos in Mudbug. Missing in Mudbug just loaded (I've been waiting for it to be available) so I'll read it next. These are fun, lighthearted and sometimes laugh out loud books.

Comment

Working...
                            X