2 must reads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 must reads

These 2 books are on Oprah's book club list. The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve and The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. They are both page turners.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Thanks for posting ...

. right now the Pa Libraries across the state updated and left me out in the cold for ebooks... they will not download onto my computer .. probably because I have an older Vista .. and not the latest microsoft version.. ... so I can not put them on my Nook.... However, daughter got me a new reader, a "Fire"... which is connected straight thru wifi , skipping computer... so I should be able to get ebooks there....... whenever my dear daughter finds the time to set it all up for me..

I will check out all your suggestions... I'm always looking for new authors...
    Last edited by Mayebarnes; 12-14-2016, 09:26 AM.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye, I did a bunch of reading this past year and I can tell you that you will love Belva Plain and Maeve Binchey books. They are both in a class by themselves.

I do hope your daughter gets your Fire fired up. LOL! Happy reading.

Maye, I have a kindle and it is easy to use. I hope you get it figured out very soon so you can enjoy it.

Comment

Update: I had just started reading "The Reader" when I suggested it, and when you get really into it the book is sensitive regarding the holocaust.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Ka: got the pilots wife ,read in two days. Good. The other you mentioned was about Holocaust and sadly I cannot bear to read those . years ago read a lot of other two authors so now do mystery or good stories. Rarely read a tearjerker like jodi picoult.or Kristen Hannah .just keep giving me names tho .
        reading Andrew m Greeley books presently
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
        X