Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCTOBER ... i'm back...

WE are almost half way thru this month.

I just finished reading your September post.!.... love you ladies... making a list of all those names..

and books... new authors. and I notice... all women.... yea... the men authors are sooo.. not clean.. even some of the ladies are as bad... picked a book off the shelf that sounded like a good mystery... called Dark Tide by Eliz. Hayes... had so many F's in it .I shut and it will go back unread...

I read the new Louise Penny book.. slowly . 2 or 3 chapters... put down, then re-read the last chapter and 2 more.. I just did not want it to end...
    her writing style just keeps getting better . It does help to have read all the series from the beginning ... wish I had bought them all.. I have the last 6 ( out of 12). she sometimes leaves little "threads" behind . and later uses them .. after her book. I read the odd ball Donna leon book.. a single. not as good as her series books.

, I just got started in the Fiona Buckley ,series. read one near the end, and then went back to start at the beginning of the Queen series.. enjoying..finished the Doublet Affair and now have Queens ransom on the Nook reader ... will be able to download all of them to Nook, one at a time..

Paula... also reading the Macneal series and waiting on Mrs Roosevelts Confidence.

have been reading the Martin Walker series .. Bruno. chief of police.. have got the first 9 read.

I read Ann Tyler,,, VINEGAR GIRL... liked it!. popular right now. ordered it for nook. but was 8th in line.. so ended up getting at my local Library sooner.

...thanks for the handful of lady authors... will be checking them all out...

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Was Vinegar Girl a mystery? I think I've read one or two by Ann Tyler but it was a few years ago. Will have to look at my list, may have been too long ago to be on it.

Comment

Vinegar Girl.. not a mystery... good story about an older daughter,, keeps house for her dad who is a scientist, with a guy assistant who is in US on a "card". that is running out.. and Dad wants her to marry him so he can stay ....just a good story.. a fast read.. I liked it.

Comment

Thanks Maye, will have to check on it. Our library is moving so getting books from there won't be a possibility for a few weeks. But, the new location will be much easier to get in and out, as far as traffic so that's well worth the few weeks of waiting.

I can't remember all that I've read lately but a few of them are -
        Gemma Halliday - Alibi in High Heels. Cute, entertaining.
        Murder she Wrote series, Hook Line and Murder. Clean, fast read with a good plot.
        Miami Requim - JB Turner - good book
        Class Reunions can be murder - Susan Santangelo - light and entertaining
        Moving Violation - Melanie Jackson - another good one

Comment

Got Alibi in High heels... 1/2 read.. right it is cute... have never read any of Gemma H. books..

none of the others were available on my Ebook locations.. except the murder she wrote series.

Comment

These are cute books. I'm on another one but have a lot going on so am not getting through it at my normal pace.
            Right now, I need the mindless, cute, simply entertaining books to help me escape real life!

Comment

I just finished Mayhem in high heels. It seemed to drag at times but it might just have been me, lots going on and it was hard to pay attention to the book.

Comment

maye, I just finished Mrs. R's confidante last night...and started the final book (until the new one comes out in March, I think).
                I will talk about it after you finish it.
                My reading has slowed down in the fiction category because I have been reading a couple of self help books. One of eating better and another of getting rid of things...
                I finally finished the last book in my culinary mystery series, Wedding Cake...I was sorry to see the end of the series and not sure if I want to read any of the author's new genre. It is more romantic historical..I guess the title is what really puts me off: Lord Fenton's Folly. It just sounds too elementary. I am not saying that right, but somehow the title is just off putting for me.
                'I also read in about 2 days the newest Theodore Boone book by John Grisham, Scandal, I think.
                Loved it!

Comment

I finished Kate Wilhelm's Sleight of Hand. Good book, legal drama.

Not sure what's next.

Comment

Working...
                  X