September ... making a list..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September ... making a list..

yes, making a list of books I planned to read.. My book "stand" in the bedroom has about 10 books I have bought over the summer .,second hand, .. and I still look for more.. hardly gives me time to build the jig saw puzzles.. and now you all know why I have never got around to sorting and tossing old files. and clothes and canning jars. etc etc ... and I am the fastest duster and sweeper runner in the country..

so lets enjoy September.. when the weather cools. we go back to our books..

the one in my hand is ... a Donna Leon book... the Jewels of Paradise..... not part of her series about Guido Brunetti. and not as interesting as that series.. but I will read it.

If you like dog stories with a mystery too.. read some of Laurein Berenson books... I have Best in Show right now.. all about Poodles and the National championship shows.

and coming in the mail in the next week will be the latest Louise Penny book. YEA

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

I've read some of the Laurien Berenson books too. I'm not sure if I've read Best in Show.

I just started an older Kate Wilhelm book, part of her Barbara Holloway series. The Unbidden Truth. I like this series, good characters and plots.

Comment

What is the first book in the Barbara Holloway series, labbasgle?
      And I just wrote down the dog mystery series.
      I will check on eBay. Most of my used books come from GoodWill stores on eBay, if I can't find them in our little used book store.
      I finally found my library card. I had to think back to what purse I was using...
      I really like the WW II mystery/ espionage books I am reading, but this one,mHis Majesty's Hope (#3) is really tense. Spying behind Nazi German lines, and the treatment of the Jews...I can only read it in a few chapter doses.
      My plan is to start checking some books out and using my library card more than my debit card!

Comment

Paula, here's the list of the Barbara Holloway series- (from Fantastic Fiction)

. Death Qualified (1991)
        2. The Best Defense (1994)
        3. For the Defense (1995)
        4. Defense for the Devil (1999)
        5. No Defense (2000)
        6. Desperate Measures (2001)
        7. The Clear and Convincing Proof (2003)
        8. The Unbidden Truth (2004)
        9. Sleight Of Hand (2006)
        10. A Wrongful Death (2007)
        11. Cold Case (2008)
        12. Heaven Is High (2011)
        13. By Stone By Blade By Fire (2012)

I use my library a lot, both actual books and Kindle books.

Comment

I am interested how borrowing on the Kindle works..this evening our library is open until 8:00 so it is the perfect day to go and ask all my questions.
          Thank you for the list!

Comment

Paula, our library had an info page about loading books. I hope you got it figured out.

Comment

Cocoa and Chanel by Donna Joy Usher. It was a free Kindle book set in Australia. It got better as it went along.

Comment

I read two of the Yellow Rose Mystery series by Leann Sweeney. Shoot from the Lip and Pushing up Bluebonnets.

I enjoyed both books. Good characters and interesting plots and "clean'.
                Last edited by labbasgle; 09-26-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I finished three (free) Kindle books by Abigail Keam, all were a part of her Josiah Reynolds series.

Death by a Honeybee, Death by Lotto and Death by Chocolate.

I like her characters and plots.

It's so nice to read 'clean' mysteries!

Comment

Thanks for the book lists! I am reading two books right now: the first Death Qualified and the 4th Maggie Hope book Mrs Roosevelt's confidante.
                    Not getting a lot of reading time with the baby's schedule...

Comment

Working...
                    X