July Tales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Tales

I finished Three Silver Doves (easy read, good plot) and am now reading Susan Wittig Albert's Blood Orange.

What's on your bookshelf?

Blood Orange was good.

More than half done with Recipe for Murder, can't remember the author.

Not sure what I'll read next.

Comment

I am reading Blood Defense, by Marcia Clark ( OJ prosecutor).
      The first Few pages I had a bit of a hard time getting used to her style of writing, but after that, I am so into the defense lawyer crime drama novel, I actually forget who the author is!

Comment

new authors for me to look up .... yea!!!/

MY JULY READING LIST , so far.

the Fat Man ... Ken Harmon
        Sisters.... Rosemond Lupton.... good one
        Body in the Wardrobe... Katherine Page... newest in her series
        The Dog stars... Pete Heller.
        the Cinderella Killer... Simon Brett
        Journey to Munich.....Winspear... latest in Daisy Dobbs series
        the Gentle art of murder ...Jeanne Dams... in her series
        Leaving Time.. Jodi picoult... different sort of book from her... good! . ( about elephants ,sort of)
        Where there's smoke.... Jodi Picoult.... a very short story... but good.

still reading .in the Nook

the Road to Little Dribbing...Bill Bryson.... walking tour of UK.... good. funny , long

have Elly Griffith new book on order from elibrary... t. Woman in Blue... I like ms. Griffith.

and on the shelf is about 8-10 books I bought. and plan on going the library's book sale next week... .

I watch very little TV.. and like to read myself to sleep. how about you?..
        I have read 24 Alberts books. but not that one,Labb

not sure I could get into ms Clarks book Paula... the style of writing has to catch me quickly..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

And I just have to say that the twist at the End/Epilogue was something so out of touch with reality, I seriously doubt I will get the next book in the series.

I started a John Sandford book, but the first chapter ended so gross and disgusting, I deleted the book on my iPad. ,
          I am looking for mysteries that take me away...but not to where that author was!

Comment

Some of the John Sandfords are better than others. I have to be in the right mood ...

Just finished a Linda Fairstein book, Killer Heat. It was okay, seemed to drag quite a bit at times. I have read other books by her like her strong characters. This one was a bit more gruesome than I prefer.

Comment

Working...
            X