welcome November .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welcome November .

with cold weather about to descend and early dark evenings... it is reading time... of course for me , anytime is reading time.

but cold encourages it more..

about half the way through Louise Penny...the Nature of the Beast...reading slow and enjoying it...

also reading the following books

Silent in the Sanctuary.....Deanna Raybourn
    Deadly Grave . ....Connie Shelton
    Broken Homes..... Aaronvitch

and have ordered for Nook..... A STUDY OF DEATH,, Anne Huber....... WHERE SERPENTS SLEEP...c.s. Harris ...
    and two G. M.Marriet books.

yeap I do like to read.. the Nook books can be borrowed for 3 weeks.. Louise, I own, and the Shelton book is a local library one and I have 10 days to go.. so ,I will probably get them all read..... NO ,I don't watch much TV..

so what are you reading now.. and
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Reading another Robert Crais book: Free Fall. Good enough...

Comment

I've been reading a lot of cozy type mysteries on my Kindle and from my pile of books. Some are better than others but all have been light and enjoyable. Good type of books for me right now, lots of stressful things going on and I need a lighthearted read to escape.

Comment

Labb.. light and fluffy mysteries.. ok. heres some authors you might enjoy then if you haven't read them,...
        1. Donna Andrews,,, her books all have an animal in the title.... Like " Owls well the ends Well.."
        2..M.C Beaton.... the series with Hamish MacBeth. stories.
        3. Simon Brettt..... the series with Mrs Parageter
        4 . Rita Mae Brown and sneaky Pie..( the cat). series.

5.Jeanne Brown.. not bad but not real fluffy
        6. Carola Dunn. like her style of writing .
        7. Sarah Graves. about old house fixer upper.. but with a mystery
        8. Shirley R. Murphy.... has cats that talk?? but quick reads .. start at the beginning of the series if you can . will make more sense . I have read all of this series.

9. Robin Page..
        10. Ann Purser.. ... days of the week. Murder on Monday .etc

11. Kathryn Page.... Body in the Bookcase, Body in the Belfry etc etc

12. Lawrence Sanders,.... the McNally series.... but only the oldest , first books ... Mr Sanders died and someone else wrote
        under his name.. and the books weren't quite the same.

See I did have one male author.. and one more man..

. Alexander McCall Smith... the #1 Detective Agency series.. with the little lady in Africa..

Comment

Thanks Maye. I have read some of the books by most of those authors but not too recently. I haven't read any by Ann Purser so will check on her books.

Thanks

Comment

have ordered a continuous stream of books one and two at time for the Nook reader.. rather than going to library... nice ,but I miss the folks at library... I have approx. 18 books I have bought over the last 6 months . waiting and waiting on me to read too...
            today , nov 28 . was a rainy quiet day and I did get to read.. a book on Nook... only have one more on there and then I think I will work on some of my own books.... especially the Louise Penny that I started .. but I won't mind going back and re reading the first few chapters.. ..

we will soon flip to December... happy reading ... and be sure to leave me authors names you like!

Comment

Maye, do you check BookGorilla.com or Bookbub? They have a lot of free and low cost e-books. You can sign up for a daily email from both sites.

Comment

I just started a book, The Christmas Train, by Baldacci. Not his usual thriller, but more like a Hallmark Christmas movie in a book.
                Cross country trip by a journalist...varied travelers. And if you like reading about trains, different locations and characters, it is a comforting, easy read.

Comment

Working...
                X