Hello OCTOBER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello OCTOBER

Well.. we are headed into the "cool" months... and the dark months... so I call these the Reading Months.. no feeling guilty about setting all day .

no windows or curtain to wash.. no flowers to take care of... and who cares if there are a few extra dust bunnies around?..

I started reading a series by author from UK.... Brian McGilloway.. first two interesting . but by book 4. Im getting bored. with Mr McG. style of writing .. nice and "clean".. but hard to follow his characters.

switched into reading some C.S Harris books... a lady who lived for years in England. now in NewOrleans. her Sebastian St.Cyr. series..
    pretty good..

also picked downloaded on Nook a book called Peace like a River... by Leif ,Enger.. The Womens reading Club at the church has picked this as their book of the month.... Im liking how it has started.. might even go to their meeting if it proves to be interesting.

and what 's on your night stand.. ?
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

I've been reading more of the books by Annelise Ryan, (real name Beth Amos).. Good books, strong characters who continue from one book to the next. Of course, I haven't been able to get them all in the order they were written but am still enjoying them. They all have "stiff" in the title. I just started Frozen Stiff.

Comment

I just finished (2 days) a book by Robert Crais, The Last Detective. It moved fast and was easy to skip the parts I didn't want to read. The author used italics when he was giving past events for a couple of characters and it happened only twice, I think. I am going to read one more book in this character's series to see if this is going to work out. John Grisham has a new book coming out this month Rogue Lawyer.

Comment

Im still alive...
        still reading but has been exciting month.... Im a Great-grandmother... can't help it...I still on cloud nine.

but.... I have been reading C. S. Harris books the St .Cyr. series.. trying to read from 1 upward.. even sent to a second hand book site and bought book 4. 1.2.3. were at library.. so got 4. worth spending a few bucks on ..

Just got the new Jodi Picoult book,,, THE STORY TELLER. downloaded onto Nook.. waited all summer for it...

Also reading a book by LauraLippman, BALTIMORE BLUES... hasn't quite got my attention span yet.

I see by my record book I have read at least one of Robert Crais books. I will check to see if THE LAST DETECTIVE is available for Nook or at my libraries.. thanks Paula.

I did read the church ladies book of the month PEACE LIKE A RIVER... skimmed a lot of it.. and don't even remember details now.

anybody else has some authors?

Comment

I read a couple more by Annelise Ryan, a cozy by Lee Harris (New Years Eve Murder) and now am reading a book by Connie Shelton, Reunions Can Be Murder. Just started it and so far, it is fast paced and entertaining.

Comment

Labbasgle Did you read the books before Reunions can be murder?
            I just looked it up...the title and your description sound good!

Comment

Where did I leave off?.. Got the Last Detective... not bad but ended up skimming it. and read last chapter.
              Did the same with the much acclaimed Judi Picoult book... it had a lot of looking back to WW2, and the Jewish concentration camps and the atrocities committed again them.. and that is a subject that has always made me very emotional ... so read the ending to see what the point was..

got into the Laura Lippman book.. and it kept getting boiled down into bedroom scenes ..over and over , which did nothing to move the story ahead . so skim .read the last chapter.. she finds true love.. blah blah.. cross Ms Lippman off my list.

some new names,, have not read any Lee Harris .......C.S Harris is my new favorite. of the moment. ...
              will check out Annelise Ryan and Connie Sheldon
              .... have ordered for Nook,
              Anne Huber, A study of death..
              c. s Harris....... Where Serpents sleep
              G. M Malliet..... Pagan Spring
              G.M Malliet....... the Haunted Season..
              Aaronovitch..... Broken Homes.

Some of the above have waiting times... only on 2 am I next in line.....

Comment

Paula, I haven't read other Connie Shelton books but will check my library for more of them. I just finished the Reunions book and enjoyed it - good characters and plot.

I like to try authors who aren't so well known and have found several good ones that way.

Comment

Thanks! I am checking for the book today.

Comment

and Im off to the E librarys,, ( I have borrowing cards to three of them)... and see if they have any of the above books. ..my poor local library does not see much of me anymore....I used to be there every week , some times twice.. I have access to the whole countries libraries.. 9 or 10 of them. just order and they have a delivery system from one library to another .. and will bring my choice to my local small library. ..My cards are from the big Carnegie library in Pittsburgh and the Philadelphia Free emedia library.. love it.!. someone of those just has to have the Sheldon ,Ryan and Harris books.

Last edited by Mayebarnes; 10-25-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Found a connie Sheldon book at my HOme Library.. will pick up later this week.

Right now I am reading my new Louise Penny book.... very slowly .. like a chapter at a time...even going back each evening and rereading... ahhhh
                      Like drinking fine wine... ( like I would know what that was all about).. do not want to skim, rush or even come to the end of her book...

in the meantime . the 5 books I have ordered for the Nook have not arrived and thats good!....

Comment

am loving Ms Penny book... I am also reading , at the same time, THE SILENT IN THE SANCTUARY.. ..d.Raybourn book...it's like eating super wonderful piece of chocolate... and then a piece of a 5,cent bar. ..Ms. Raybourn book is not Bad. ..just boring compared to Louise Penny.. so will lay aside that book and read Ms. P. first.

see you in November.

Comment

Working...
                        X